Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Diseases That Plague Photographers

Written by a Petax shooter, I though this is a "funny but true" article and worth sharing....if it hasn't already.

07-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
Written by a Petax shooter, I though this is a "funny but true" article and worth sharing....if it hasn't already.
Too bloody true! I need a support group!
07-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Funny...in another Forum here I was just warning a fellow shooter about to purchase a new Fuji X20 that they are not only addictive, but they convince you to buy them all kinds of gifts. Things like leather cases, hoods, filters, soft buttons, and extra batteries. Mine even demanded a matching car......what choice did I have? It's not my fault, the camera conspired with Mrs Rupert....I'm certain of it!

Perfect match!
[IMG] [/IMG]

I don't know if these diseases can kill you, but they can sure hurt your bank account!

Regards!
07-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
thanks for sharing. Had a good laugh reading this

07-05-2013, 12:15 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Welcome to Pentaxforums - where we'll gladly support you in developing plenty of GAS and LBA....

That /was/ what you meant, yes?
07-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Welcome to Pentaxforums - where we'll gladly support you in developing plenty of GAS and LBA....
- I laughed out loud at this, I wonder how many of us would be a lot better off if we had never found this place, the Lens Database and Lens Clubs should carry a wealth warning! I know that damn 15mm limited controls my mind thread is going to get me one day, it was behind me getting the 12-24 as an appetiser and a trial run if you like
Don't even start me on the 'post your f1.2 photo's here' thread either, the amount of ebay frustration that has caused me, my last bid failed and the winning bid was £5 over my max budget - now that is pure torture..
07-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by edgedemon Quote
- I laughed out loud at this, I wonder how many of us would be a lot better off if we had never found this place, the Lens Database and Lens Clubs should carry a wealth warning!
Such as "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"?

QuoteOriginally posted by edgedemon Quote
I know that damn 15mm limited controls my mind thread is going to get me one day,
I blame my owning one of those exclusively on that thread. I must say, while having had it less than 6 months, it has shown to be a worthy member of my team.....

07-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This paragraph is pure gold:
QuoteQuote:
It is important to point out that professional photographers rarely deal with these illnesses, but those that wear the label, “serious amateur” bear the brunt of these diseases. Because professionals have been inoculated by the need to earn a living, they seem to have built up a strong immunity to the diseases outlined in this article. Though they appreciate the merits of their equipment, professional photographers see their equipment as tools to achieve an end, not an end unto itself.

Read more: Diseases That Plague Photographers
07-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Such as "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"?

I blame my owning one of those exclusively on that thread. I must say, while having had it less than 6 months, it has shown to be a worthy member of my team.....
That is the trouble, you go into threads like that believing or hoping you can resist, but once that seed is planted, then it is just a long drawn out battle that you always end up losing. Not to mention the help from fellow members who always offer support in justifying purchases with comments which funnily enough are exactly like yours
Im holding off for now, I will start another thread on the 12-24, sort out the issues and see if 15mm suit me (Im sure it will), but I really have my heart set on a Cosina 55mm F1.2, that will be my next purchase providing one comes in on budget. Then it will be a case of can I survive on the 12-24 for a while and go for the FA77mm or should I just succumb and get the 15mm and then go for the 77mm once I have finished apologising to the missus
07-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
3) PFA – Photo Forum Addiction

Symptoms
With internet access and popularity growing by the day, PFA is a relatively new malady. It is pretty much what it sounds like – people spending obscene amounts of time perusing photography forums and sharing their opinions with others around the globe, from everything from lens caps to digital sensor design.

Read more: Diseases That Plague Photographers
Not sure where this would put the mods, community manager and admins!!!!
07-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I sent the link to my wife Flora and she emailed back that she was a photo widow. I have reminded her that photography is a cheaper hobby than cars, and safer than having a mistress. She said,"You better believe its safer!" I think she was amused....
07-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Well, I sent the link to my wife Flora and she emailed back that she was a photo widow. I have reminded her that photography is a cheaper hobby than cars, and safer than having a mistress. She said,"You better believe its safer!" I think she was amused....
I think you swapped things around, didn't you? Should have been "safer hobby than cars, and cheaper than having a mistress"?
07-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eh, Flora is of Norwegian stock. Vikings? Big, strong women wearing horned helmets? You've seen pictures, most of the time these Viking women are carrying a spear or other sharp, pointy implement. A car wreck would be safer than Flora on a rampage.....
07-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Eh, Flora is of Norwegian stock. Vikings? Big, strong women wearing horned helmets? You've seen pictures, most of the time these Viking women are carrying a spear or other sharp, pointy implement. A car wreck would be safer than Flora on a rampage.....
Well, you're talking to a guy not just of Danish stock, but born and raised in Denmark....you know, of /real/ Viking heritage....we eat Norwegians for pre-breakfast snacks
07-05-2013, 05:14 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That was tried once. It turned into a photo club. They were last seen chartering a bus to NYC for a shopping trip to B&H.