Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Law of the Jungle - 1 down, 5 to go

QuoteQuote:
  • Five men have been trapped up a tree by prowling Sumatran tigers
  • Tigers killed a six member of the party and ate half of his remains
  • Group may remain there for another three days, it has been revealed
  • The men were hunted down by tigers after they unwittingly killed a tiger cub

07-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I don't have any tigers around here...that I know of...but I'll tell you for sure, I don't venture out into the Woods of Otis without being well armed and with plenty of ammo.
BBC NEWS | Europe | Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'

I might rather face a tiger than the Devil Squirrel......
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
07-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh my flesh eating squirrels , for goodness sake Rupert take care, take back up at all times if you do venture into those woods.
07-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Hunters who accidentally killed tiger cub are forced to hide in tree for four days... and they could be there for a week until help arrives | Mail Online
There is a God after all...

07-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Go political with this and it will be closed.
07-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

No politics involved....but how do you "accidentally" kill a baby tiger? I've heard that sort of thing before, when old Mr Kitty "accidentally" killed a baby squirrel...it happened quite often. He claimed they were accident prone.

www.pbase.com/rupertdog/image/91372018.jpg

Regards!
07-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
Pentaxian

The article says the cub was caught in a trap meant for deer. The men were villagers in search of a rare, aromatic wood that fetches a lot of money on the global market.
07-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I've cut a lot of wood with a chain saw, but have never used a trap for wood hunting.
Accidents happen, just like old Mr Kitty always said about the squirrels......they were "accident prone"...like the one that blew up a transformer and knocked out my power on the 4th of July. He wanted to make his own big boom like all the fireworks going off around here...and he did! He went out with a bang!

Regards!

07-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I've cut a lot of wood with a chain saw, but have never used a trap for wood hunting.
Accidents happen, just like old Mr Kitty always said about the squirrels......they were "accident prone"...like the one that blew up a transformer and knocked out my power on the 4th of July. He wanted to make his own big boom like all the fireworks going off around here...and he did! He went out with a bang!

Regards!
Squirrels do seem to get a charge out of power lines! Years ago the library I was in charge of lost 1/2 of its lights, and the HVAC began to make odd noises. Something prompted me to shut off the HVAC. Seems a squirrel had self-destructed and knocked out one leg of the three phase feeding the HVAC and one leg of the 220. Could have lunched the compressor motors.

Not long ago while up here in Command Central I heard a loud bang, and the lights went out. I went outside and could see the breaker on the power pole across the street had tripped. Sure enough there was crispy critter Otis at the foot of the pole, gently smoking, becoming squirrel barbecue. The Georgia Power repair folk told me that Otis and his brothers kept them well occupied.

Last edited by grhazelton; 07-09-2013 at 06:51 AM.
07-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
Veteran Member

In the last week they have knocked out two transformers, the cable service, and the phone lines...and that's just on my block. Otis blames it on sunspots...claims it makes the lines humm tunes his Army of Squirrels don't like. I guess anything is possible?

Regards!