Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My rescue is to live a couple of thousands of miles from nearest Adorama. Looking at the net and calculating VAT+shipping to prices keeps almost the same distant

03-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Yikes. My cure is to live in a city with only one small photography store that hardly carries anything in stock. I am a sucker if the lens is flashed in front of me though, and before you know it, I am fondling...er....holding the lens. cough cough.

It usually rapidly goes down hill from there.
03-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My problem is when I get to Hong Kong to visit family.

My wife knows the streets and areas now and gets really thingy when I suggest we go to Mongkok for something, or Stanley St...or the Wan Chai Computer centre....or the....

Last time we were there I handled the K10, DA* 50-135 and some limiteds.....and bought nothing. (see it can be done). She wasn't quite sure how to handle that!!!...but couldn't resist a dig when we were well away from the place.
03-26-2008, 03:48 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Salty, it's only money...sure, it comes with pictures on it, but that might be a hint to trade it for something that can take pictures!

Just remember the old feminist saying: she who dies with the most joys, wins! (Improvise around that, and smile every time you walk into the store.)

03-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Now that is willpower!

I went to Keeble & Shuchat in Palo Alto, CA and left with only the thing that I went in for. Unfortunately for my AMEX balance, that one thing was the DA*16-50. I don't know what I'd do if I had a retailer nearby that actually had Pentax products in stock.
03-26-2008, 09:26 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

B&H has figured out how to get me (us) even without my (our) presence. I walk out to the mailbox and find a 718 page Digital Photography Sourcebook with more than you can ever bother to notice on a personal visit. Add that book to the 600 page Professional Photo Sourcebook that I've held a few years as a reference and gosh, my wife figures it's cheaper to buy me a ticket to NY, because a shopping cart only holds a finite amount of gear...

Where's the nearest chapter meeting for LBAA? Oops, can't be anonymous with that user name...