Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seriously....life is short, very short, and too short to humor fools and tyrants. I've walked several times in my life, and never had a regret. Money is a necessary element, but it is not everything........your health and sanity can't be replaced, and an unbearable job can ruin both. There may be no "perfect job", but if you feel appreciated, sleep well at night, and don't look at your job as a dreaded experience, you may be close enough.

Good Luck!

07-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Iksobarg Quote
Hey man!!
Gratz!!
Your relief is palpable!!
and I am soo happy for you!!
(Hope you don't go missing it for who knows what reason!!?)
Best to you. Now you can go out and take pictures with all that spare time you have!!!
mwah-ha-hua!!
\o/
Yes, I hope I don't go missing either... I am generally out of the mele now in a completely different arena which is good.

Today was day 1 of my new gig. It might not be permanent but it's serving its purpose for now... hopefully I can recharge my bank account and then have time to do other worthy things.
07-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Seriously....life is short, very short, and too short to humor fools and tyrants. I've walked several times in my life, and never had a regret. Money is a necessary element, but it is not everything........your health and sanity can't be replaced, and an unbearable job can ruin both. There may be no "perfect job", but if you feel appreciated, sleep well at night, and don't look at your job as a dreaded experience, you may be close enough.

Good Luck!

You said it! Thank you for the thoughts Mr. Rupert!

I would concur that life is too short and I got reminded of that up close and personal unfortunately. But there is always a new day...and if there is not one on the horizon... go make one. It might take some bravery... but step out there... I am overwhelmingly glad I did. Walking away from that stuff was one of the best decisions of my life so far.
07-19-2013, 01:11 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats

07-21-2013, 08:25 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Been there - done that alamo. I know exactly how you were feeling and how you feel now.

My supervisor working at a state agency was a women who hated men, hated life, and made sure that everyone under knew it all day every day. Got to the point like you did - physically sick in the mornings and was drinking all weekend long just to try to forget about the work week. After many years of that, I finally quit. I live in a very remote area, and a state job is like gold as there is nothing else around. Everyone I knew said I was insane for quitting a state job - nobody quits a state job!

Left with few prospects and stumbled for a year or so. Then my ultimate job fell in my lap somehow - kind of like the bucket list of a job - something I always wanted to do. Worked totally independently - never even met the people I worked for or had been to the office which suited me perfectly. Plus, I was making twice the money as I was at the state.

And now even more than ever, I am so glad I did this. I've recently had to stop working because of an incurable disease, but I have such peace about the last part of my career. So the message here is - do it! Life is way too short to put yourself in a job that you hate. There is nothing worse in life than not looking forward to going to work in the morning.

Good for you alamo!