Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That was scary, trying to edit my post to put the pics in, it kept jumping around in the edit and in the end things are scrambled.

This is another scary thing. Why is this my most interesting flicr photo?

07-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #32
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
OK, here's on for you. The wife and I were at my Dad's house with our kids. The son was between 2 and 3 and our daughter around 9 at the time. The son was in a bedroom taking a nap. He came out and told us he saw grandma. We asked if he meant my wife's mother and said "No my other grandma.". I went and took out a family album and opened it. When he saw my mom's picture, he pointed at it and said "That grandma".

My mom had passed away two months before our son was born and we had never showed him any pictures of her.
How do you explain things like that? I don't think we can........

I have another mystery story, that is a little long, I'll post it later.......Got to go now and contact my Loan Officer to get my Jeep out of the shop....no damn mystery there, a freaking Army of Squirrels went after my Jeep, and they were successful.

Regards!
07-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #33
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
My mom had passed away two months before our son was born and we had never showed him any pictures of her.
Okay, that'll make the neck hair stand up.
07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Okay, that'll make the neck hair stand up.
It did!

07-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
Pentaxian

They took me off into a separate room; I seen 'em takin' different people off; different ones of us off in separate rooms and put me on a big white table and uh the guy that took me in there - to examine me I guess - he probed me and then I was in there I bet more than three or four hours, in that room, being probed and at one time or another these different ones of 'em came in, four or five or six of 'em at different times, and all of 'em probed me, uh, not all at once, you know, individually. Later on, years later, now, even still, uh, it's a funny thing - it happened on a Sunday and every Sunday about the time I was taken on board that ship I - find I have no feelings in my buttocks.
07-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
They took me off into a separate room; I seen 'em takin' different people off; different ones of us off in separate rooms and put me on a big white table and uh the guy that took me in there - to examine me I guess - he probed me and then I was in there I bet more than three or four hours, in that room, being probed and at one time or another these different ones of 'em came in, four or five or six of 'em at different times, and all of 'em probed me, uh, not all at once, you know, individually. Later on, years later, now, even still, uh, it's a funny thing - it happened on a Sunday and every Sunday about the time I was taken on board that ship I - find I have no feelings in my buttocks.
Just thank your lucky stars it was those aliens that took you and not the Devil Squirrel and his bunch. You don't know what probing is until you have a pack of drunken squirrels all over you. Squirrel puke can't be washed off or deodorized with tomato juice or anything commercial.......Mrs Rupert had me stripped down at the Car Wash for two hours and even the tire cleaning brush didn't get rid of the odor. I had to sleep in my shop for a month.

Regards!
07-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #37
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Mrs Rupert had me stripped down at the Car Wash for two hours
Oh Great! Now I have try and poke out my mind's eye.

07-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Shouldn't this be moved to the Pentax Full Frame forum? Keep all the mythical stuff in one place.
07-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Seriously, if you could live as an ethereal being beyond the confines of a physical body would you even look like you did in life and why need a corporeal body in the first place?

I'm not suggesting that people aren't 'seeing things', because they probably are, although the source of the images may be questionable. But then again, look how a simple electronic circuit can received waves out of the air and convert them to TV. Compared to that there's not limit to what the brain can do on a good day I suspect.

Sorry, I know I'm no fun.
07-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #40
Veteran Member

The title of this thread should be "Is There Life In The Bokeh?"
07-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not really a ghost story, but one that still makes the hair on my neck stand up.....

It was almost 50 years ago and Mrs Rupert was out of town visiting her mom for a week. I worked late, and then usually went with some of the guys and had a beer and a game of pool, arriving home around midnight. We lived in a duplex apartment, and I had a ritual about locking the doors, deadbolts and chain locks as well as setting the furnace just before bedtime. It was winter and plenty chilly outside and on this particular night I woke up at around 2AM freezing cold. I got up and went into the living room to check the thermostat, and discovered the front door wide open. The next morning I discovered a closet door open in the back bedroom, one that was always kept closed. Had to assume someone was in the house when I came home and left after I went to sleep. Pretty creepy feeling for sure. I never felt afraid when I was awake, but when you are asleep, you are totally vulnerable. Nothing was missing, so I have no idea of the motive and never really had any suspects. From that day forward, I do a little checking before bedtime, even now.

Regards!
07-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #42
Pentaxian

Boy, do I ever have some stories for this thread, lol. Coming soon...
08-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Well, you know I've got a lifetime of tales of the 'unexplained.'

Heh, that's a pretty shot, Thazoo. Nice robes, too. Very classy. Tell your friends a happy Imbolc, we're having our first harvest festival up here.
(Seems you took the right approach with your rental property thing. Pretty much key to just say hello and not freak out under those circumstances, whatever else may need doing. . )

I'm pretty sure you won't likely be catching any Sasquatch photos cause they're spirit beings, but I've never been to where they're supposed to live. .

Anyway, Bossa:

QuoteQuote:
Seriously, if you could live as an ethereal being beyond the confines of a physical body would you even look like you did in life and why need a corporeal body in the first place?
Well, on one, what you 'look like' is between perceiver and perceived: that has some pretty broad implications that way. the simple fact is that stories about seeing ancestors' spirits show that it's pretty darn common to appear so. Trying to keep it in religiously-neutral terms, experiencing form and manifestation is its own purpose. Basically, everything exists on multiple levels, so it's more like why do physical bodies need 'ethereal' things, ....that being cause Spirit doesn't leave vaccuums. Makes more sense if you don't see 'spirits' like 'separate objects you can't see.' That help?
08-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Not really a ghost story, but one that still makes the hair on my neck stand up.....

It was almost 50 years ago and Mrs Rupert was out of town visiting her mom for a week. I worked late, and then usually went with some of the guys and had a beer and a game of pool, arriving home around midnight. We lived in a duplex apartment, and I had a ritual about locking the doors, deadbolts and chain locks as well as setting the furnace just before bedtime. It was winter and plenty chilly outside and on this particular night I woke up at around 2AM freezing cold. I got up and went into the living room to check the thermostat, and discovered the front door wide open. The next morning I discovered a closet door open in the back bedroom, one that was always kept closed. Had to assume someone was in the house when I came home and left after I went to sleep. Pretty creepy feeling for sure. I never felt afraid when I was awake, but when you are asleep, you are totally vulnerable. Nothing was missing, so I have no idea of the motive and never really had any suspects. From that day forward, I do a little checking before bedtime, even now.

Regards!
Hmmmm, I also had some of those nights when I was younger...remembered everything with great clarity afterward
08-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #45
Veteran Member

The other evening I saw a delivery man, with a cap, come to our front door and ring the bell. A while later I went to look to see if there was a package - there was nothing. Nobody else in the house -- including the dogs, I later realized - heard or saw anything. About that time my stepfather was having a medical crisis, I learned afterwards.