Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
The other evening I saw a delivery man, with a cap, come to our front door and ring the bell. A while later I went to look to see if there was a package - there was nothing. Nobody else in the house -- including the dogs, I later realized - heard or saw anything. About that time my stepfather was having a medical crisis, I learned afterwards.

MInd you, that could be a very mundane guy casing the place for a burglary, especially if they somehow found out there's a medical emergency in the family.

08-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
RML, be that as it may -- it could not have been a real person: I heard the doorbell, and nobody else; the dogs start to bark when anyone is walking on our front yard, much less coming to the door. They did not.

---

Here are strange sights in Google Earth

Mysterious Pentagram on Google Maps Explained - Yahoo! News
10 Strangest Sights on Google Earth | LiveScience

08-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #48
Pentaxian

I have some unpublished works on the topic, with a couple of segments published as chapters in compilation books, I've met UFO chasers and ghost researchers...unfortunarly my experinces were saved on tape back in the 80's , and although the manuscripts are still around I've lost interest in those subjects. To me, they are just part of life. Things you think about, but sharing the stories? Not going to happen. I've been there and done that and no good comes of it. Everyone thinks they have the right to second guess you. That gets tiring.

But from some independent research...people who claim to have had UFO experiences have less mental illness than the general population, they also have a more universalistic view of reality, and are more compassionate and understanding. If there was nothing to the whole UFO thing, different results would be expected. I'd love to see the same research applied to the cynics.
08-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #49
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'd love to see the same research applied to the cynics.
I only know that those in Stephenville that saw the large UFOs were not insane or unreasonable people. They were not sensationalists or publicity seekers, just ordinary people that everyone knew as such. What is that worth? Well, it has to be worth something on the road of credibility.

RML, be that as it may -- it could not have been a real person: I heard the doorbell, and nobody else; the dogs start to bark when anyone is walking on our front yard, much less coming to the door. They did not.
Funny, Mrs Rupert is always claiming she has told me things I need to do, but I never hear her......even when she is standing right next to me?? Otis claims he has heard her many times, even when he is out in the Woods of Otis, but I never hear a thing? Selective hearing or some mystery of the universe?

Regards!

08-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Shouldn't this be moved to the Pentax Full Frame forum? Keep all the mythical stuff in one place.
08-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Well, far be it from me of all people to say weirdness doesn't happen: it's just that that scenario does correspond to an all-too-common mundane burglar's MO, people casing a house when there's been a death or emergency in the family. Darn vultures.

It also wouldn't be too uncommon for your relative's 'fetch' to come calling, if he was near to the edge. I kind of freaked out my own family that way once when I was really unwell.

---

QuoteQuote:
Here are strange sights in Google Earth

Mysterious Pentagram on Google Maps Explained - Yahoo! News

I understand that one's an old Soviet park project in the shape of their star logo. (Meant to be approached such that it's upright, no doubt, despite people wanting to view it inverted for scary-effect. )
08-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #52
Pentaxian

The other evening I saw a delivery man, with a cap, come to our front door and ring the bell. A while later I went to look to see if there was a package - there was nothing. Nobody else in the house -- including the dogs, I later realized - heard or saw anything. About that time my stepfather was having a medical crisis, I learned afterwards.
In my mother in law's similar story, it was the dog that alerted her, she looked out the window after the dog started barking and she saw a man walking up the driveway in the snow through a window, she went to open the front door and no one was there, and there were no footprints in the snow on the driveway... but it was another 5 minutes before the dog stopped barking.

08-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #53
Veteran Member

I have one story (true) to relate.

My daughter was given a child's cot for my grandson to use. The original owner said her son could never sleep in it, he woke up in a frightened state every night.. From the first night, my grandson would wake up screaming, something he never did previously.
Early one morning, my daughter was dressing him on the opposite side of the room to the cot. "look Mummy, he said pointing to the cot." The older brother (about 3 yearold) was in a tugging contest for a toy bear, with "nobody" in the cot. To make it worse, there was childish giggling/laughter coming from the cot, but nobody to be seen.
They got rid of the cot, and my grandson never woke up screaming like that again.
My daughter is extremely susceptible to such experiences.
I have a feeling that a young child may have passed away in that cot at sometime previously.
08-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I have some unpublished works on the topic, with a couple of segments published as chapters in compilation books, I've met UFO chasers and ghost researchers...unfortunarly my experinces were saved on tape back in the 80's , and although the manuscripts are still around I've lost interest in those subjects. To me, they are just part of life. Things you think about, but sharing the stories? Not going to happen. I've been there and done that and no good comes of it. Everyone thinks they have the right to second guess you. That gets tiring.

But from some independent research...people who claim to have had UFO experiences have less mental illness than the general population, they also have a more universalistic view of reality, and are more compassionate and understanding. If there was nothing to the whole UFO thing, different results would be expected. I'd love to see the same research applied to the cynics.

Well, don't think I'm a cynic on the subject: frankly, I spent a lot of my childhood in my own personal X-files. (Just cause life was that weird from a very young age for me, )

A lot of the trouble about 'UFO' related stuff is there's a tendency to conflate a lot of different experiences, as well as some fun, but hardly well-grounded New Age stuff about it all. Some of those 'UFO culties,' as I affectionately call them, have an interesting combination of being bona-fide sensitives but they filter it through some pretty garbled, if innocent and usually positive frameworks. This can make them oddly unbiased about what they actually report if you filter out the belief systems about like space captains channeling them really bad astronomy.

The 'abductee' experience (with the grey aliens and all) corresponds very directly to initiatory/being fae-or otherwise-spirit-people-taken throughout the world and history: only the trappings, or really the lack of such, are different. In modern society, well, the Western Dream has very little idea what anybthing or anybody's supposed to *look* like, so there's kind of this sterile high-tech-ish experience of critters that just happen to look like a neural map of human nervous systems. (Count the nerve endings, represent that in size, what do you get. Big eyes, big heads, big hands, and a lot less about the torso: viddy thee 'Grey Alien.' (Some details vary, but it's good practice not to publicize them so it's harder for people to fake.) ) I like to attribute the development of that to 'Spirits not knowing what masks to wear,' ...until that *became* the mask in our culture. It's iconic, now. So when people end up awake in sleep paralysis, what they experience isn't the Fair Folk or the menehune or getting hag-ridden or 'succubized' as the clergy in old Europe seemed to end up dealing with... they sort of process things *that* way, and usually in panic.

And then, this being a culture and society that is used to dismissing dreaming experiences of any intensity: when things get that vivid, they think it must be happening in the physical world. They don't even have a referent for that kind of circumstance, never mind training for it. So they feel as helpless and terrified as anyone finding themselves paralyzed naturally would. (There's a couple ways to slip sleep paralysis. It's preferable to relax and let yourself fall out of it. It's directly comparable to getting the wind knocked out of you: you don't struggle to inhale, you exhale. Just so, you relax and don't *try* to move, then you can move. The alternate method is to force your way out of it, but you'll wake up sore. Like you did one of those old Charles Atlas routines all at once. )

Anyway, in my old capacity as 'who ya gonna call' in the city tribes, I'd run across more than a few cases like that. The lore on the street always was 'Greys are afraid of shamans and witches' seems to hold true that way. Also aggression. (Less preferable, but effective enough. Real point is, they don't got a lot of power if you can say, "You don't seem to have a face right now. Are you looking for one?" )

Hopefully that's not too ooky-spooky.

As for spaceships, well, that's a whole different topic in my opinion. I don't just dismiss a lot of that out of hand, either, but it's very unlikely to be some mass shoved here by Einsteinian physics. (And it's easy to mistake what an object in the sky is, Just the nature of the thing. I don't know if you've ever seen a jetliner tire's trajectory when the darn thing falls off, but it looks odder than you'd expect. )
08-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I Want To Believe.

08-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #56
Veteran Member

That first one's cute. I think Captain Tye-Dye there is pretty disturbing, though. ComicCon photos?
08-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #57
Pentaxian

The Truth Is Out There.....In Roswell, NM. Too bad Mulder and Scully weren't. I really wanted their autographs.

Last edited by Sage97; 08-04-2013 at 01:32 PM.
08-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
That first one's cute. I think Captain Tye-Dye there is pretty disturbing, though. ComicCon photos?
UFO Festival in Roswell. Captain Tye-Dye really needed baggier pants.
08-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #59
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
I'm a skeptic, but can't deny that strange things happen...in reality or in our minds....sometimes it is hard to tell the difference, and sometimes it is hard to deny the reality of our experiences.

I've had one undeniable experience that is hard to explain, it's not scary, nor does it have any particular mystical qualities beyond the power of coincidence, but still, it has to be a powerful set of coincidences to align in the manner they did.

Don't go spastic over the "religious" part, this is not a religious post and I am not particularly into any sort of organized religion, here on PF or in real life. It is just a part of the story that must be told for the reality of it.

I had this aunt, the wife of my Mom's brother. They had no children, and for some (insane?) reason I was always her favorite nephew, and I never really knew it until I was grown and much older. She was a "different" sort of person, always cheerful, never condemning and in my entire life I never heard her say a negative thing about another person. She was a business woman, intelligent and a sharp dresser, and stood out in a crowd for the way she "carried herself" and her excellent manners and calming ways.

This to give a little background of my aunt......anyhow, my uncle died and soon after my aunt broke a hip and went into a retirement center, a very nice one, but one where she couldn't take her "only child"...her 18 year old dog, Rupert. Yes, that's where I got my posting name. Others, including my Mom wanted to have Rupert put to sleep.....he was old, ornery, mean at times, spoiled rotten, and no one but my aunt could handle him. A few years before I had promised my uncle that if anything happened to him and my aunt, I would see that Rupert had a good home the rest of his days.....he knew my love for animals, dogs in particular. So when she called, we drove the hundred miles that day and picked up Rupert. The next 4 years with Rupert is a story in itself, but one I won't write here. He loved me......Mrs Rupert...not so much!

Anyhow again, Caroline's health deteriorated over the next few years. we visited her often and took old Rupert to see her several times. He "wrote" her every week and sent her little cards and short letters, and she saved every one.......no, her mind was crystal clear, but she did appreciate that she could hear we were taking good (great!) care of "her baby".

The Story....finally!
Mrs Rupert, a very religious person, started this little ritual where we would read scriptures a book at a time on Friday nights. maybe she thought I needed it..... I wouldn't argue....and it didn't kill me, so if it made her happy, why not? One Friday evening we were reading from the book of Psalms...we had been there several weeks , it's a long book. The chapter that night...chapter 91. Nothing particular about it, nothing relating to anything I knew of and no comments were made, it was just another chapter.
The next morning I got a call from my Mom....Caroline had gone for breakfast at the retirement home dining room, dressed in her 50th anniversary dress, placed her order, and fallen over dead with a massive heart attack. We were very sad, of course, and the next morning, a Sunday, we attended Church, as is often done by people when there is a death or crisis.....we had spoken to no one of Caroline's death, after all, she lived far away and no one here knew her.

The preacher got around to his sermon..."Open your Bibles to Psalms chapter 91". Wow Mrs Rupert! Isn't that a coincidence, we were just reading that on Friday night! Coincidence is a strange happening, it just pops up and makes you say "Wow!" You go on and forget it, after all, it happens, you know it from experience.

The funeral was on a Wednesday. We drove out there and arrived at the Church, my Mom had everything in order and arranged to Caroline's request, they grew up together from the time the were just young girls and were like sisters....it was perfect. After a few hymms and some reflections from friends and relatives, the preacher took the podium. "Please open your Bibles to Caroline's favorite chapter in the Bible...Psalms chapter 91".

Caroline was not known to me to be a particularly religious person, we had never discussed religion, and things supernatural had never been a topic of discussion or or any interest...to me or Caroline.

Rupert was 22 years old when he passed, his last years were like heaven for him, he ate the best of food, got his way on every instance, and lived like the king of the house. Got a little cup of ice cream every night, just like he had all his life. I'm certain he love it here....Mrs Rupert...not so much! He watched her every move and if he didn't approve he would snap and snarl at her...and his teeth were still good and plenty sharp too!

So.....that's my only "supernatural" story...or freak of coincidence....all I know for certain is that it is 100% true.

Regards!
08-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #60
Pentaxian

20 minute video about the 1942 UFO battle in Los Angeles, CA.

How about all the Georgia Guidestones?
(Disregard the dude's fangs)

Not really sure what to make of all this but at least it's entertaining.

Last edited by Sage97; 08-04-2013 at 02:17 PM.