Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #31
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
When I get a bout of depression even picking up a camera can seem like a waste of effort, I've been glued to the chair for days at a time. I sit there. look out of the window and see the sun shining, we live in a lovely place full of interest and natural beauty, and I love to walk in the woodlands and photograph the natural world around me. But I sit here, thinking about it, planning where I'll walk, choosing a camera and lenses. Then I start playing solitaire on the computer, I watch mindless videos on YouTube, the day passes and I'm still sat here.....

Or, I set a plan the night before. I choose the gear, choose the walk, and write it on a Post-It note that I stick to the top of the monitor. Just doing that simple thing gets me off my arse and out of the door. It's nothing more than an instruction to myself, and it works.
Yup photography is a fantastic distraction from the mind when I can get out of the depressive cycle.

09-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #32
Forum Member

I find that when I feel down it makes me feel better to do something nice. Lately I have been taking the pictures of the dogs at the pound in order to help promote them to find good homes. Nothing makes you feel better than putting a pitbull in a flower headband!
Attached Images