Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-03-2013, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Good Job Houston Camera Exchange

I drove into Houston today and was stopping in to see what kind of goodies they had. (I got to play with the K5II and its AF is nice!) Anyway while there some dude came in to sell some gear....and low and behold when the employee checked on the stuff it came up stolen. Apparently the owner had stored his info in the camera and an alert employee found it and called...then he called the police right after. Felony theft charges all around...gear recovered...cops were swarming all over the place... Anyway kudos to an alert employee who did some good today.

08-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow! impressive indeed!
08-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting, indeed. I've never set foot in Houston Camera Exchange, since the last time I checked the store didn't carry Pentax. Has that changed?

Jer
08-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
They have it now because I just saw it all. not the full line up (on display) but OK none the less. They have carried Pentax at least a year or two...They have a lot of bags and swag stuff too.

08-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any of the Brick & Mortar camera stores here in Vancouver that take used gear, will do a police check when they buy items. They will hold the item for 30 days while it clears the police check and then it’s put on sale for the public to buy.

Phil.
08-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It didn't take 30 days today. More like 15 minutes...I drove up on 6 cops slinging some guy over the back of a cop car and cuffing him... It looked like a scene out of COPS.
01-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
Forum Member

Not bad. :-)

alamo5000, The clerks generally somewhat courteous at HCE these days? My last experience with HCE was back in 2009 and.... off-putting. Actually I've not bothered with HCE since.

01-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Multi-coated Quote
Not bad. :-)

alamo5000, The clerks generally somewhat courteous at HCE these days? My last experience with HCE was back in 2009 and.... off-putting. Actually I've not bothered with HCE since.
I live about an hour and a half away so I don't go in all the time, but in every instance I have personally been in there everyone has been extremely nice.

After making some purchases there (just small things) some of their prices are easily beat, but it depends on what you are buying. On a basic customer service level though I only met one guy that was kind of 'not my type of person' and who had an attitude... but aside from that I have had at least 5 or 6 good experiences with customer service.
01-16-2014, 12:34 AM   #9
Forum Member

Thanks, alamo500. I didn't know HCE is still in business until just recently. Reading that HCE now sells some Pentax items was really surprising. Slipping camera sales must be making Canikonistas a little desperate these days. They should start selling phones now that I think about it. :-)
01-16-2014, 05:23 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Any of the Brick & Mortar camera stores here in Vancouver that take used gear, will do a police check when they buy items. They will hold the item for 30 days while it clears the police check and then it’s put on sale for the public to buy.

Phil.
That is a requirement for any canadian store that takes used things on a trade. Same as pawn shops they are legally required to do it