Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photo Web Site Hosting

I am interested in having a photo web page, site and am looking for some advice on some good hosting sites that won't require a course in HTML or java. I am PC savvy with a fair knowledge of web based apps. I do have Flickr and a few others but now want a web site of my own. Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated

03-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by property#1 Quote
I am interested in having a photo web page, site and am looking for some advice on some good hosting sites that won't require a course in HTML or java. I am PC savvy with a fair knowledge of web based apps. I do have Flickr and a few others but now want a web site of my own. Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated
smugmug, or get your own domain, and just use adobe photoshop cs3 to make galleries
03-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ive used godaddy.com for my first site, using their website tonight package
the interface is a little slow for my liking, but it works and is relatively simple

my second site, godaddy is still hosting, but i built via iweb on my mac, which i loved working with and uploading to godaddy proved to be a lot easier
03-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

to add to the godaddy praise, they host both my photography website, and my son's mother's web startup -- Think Positive Cards both sites of which i have authored by hand. if you really want a website, and are willing to pay for a host, i'm sure you can find people who would be willing to help make it for you.. heck, i'd even do it, probably.

03-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
ZenFolio

I went with Zenfoliio price, ease of set up and ease of use were the deciding factors.
Was able to use my registered domains with no problem at all
Thanks for the advice from those who replied.

Ron
03-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went with 1and 1.com I got a low price, good service, and it includes a web domain.
04-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
Veteran Member

For my domain and hosting I will go with Godaddy or whoever. To build my
site and sell my pictures I will go with Smugmug PRO.