Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #1

civilization V?

Can anyone recommend one over the other?
There's the Brave New World version, then there's the Gold one. Help?

08-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter

The Brave New World addon is cool and changes the game quite a bit. It should include the major expansions that preceed it. The Gold version wont have BNW but will have a ton of other DLC and addons. Id get both but otherwise BNW is the best bet
08-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
My advice is don't get either of them. Civ is far too addictive and you will have no life left.

But if you insist - take a look at Gold and decide whether you want all the bits in it or not. Some of them can be bought separately on Steam for a small amount therefore you may get away with just the standard edition plus BNW (I assume because it is an add-on you need to buy some version of Civ 5 first, but could be wrong).

But however you work it I definitely recommend BNW as it adds quite a bit to the gameplay and builds upon the concepts added in gods and kings.
08-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Iksobarg Quote
Can anyone recommend one over the other?
There's the Brave New World version, then there's the Gold one. Help?
Gold will keep you busy for a long time. According to what I read at Steam, Brave New World "Requires the base game Sid Meier's Civilization® V on Steam in order to play." So you can't skip Civ 5 anyway, and Gold is the best deal if you are a Civ addict . . . er, lover.