Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
08-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
We laughed

08-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Women sometimes can have an insight we don't have...

Was trying to get my wife to take a snapshot with the K5 and she just couldn't get it right.

Her observation - it has so many buttons on it you can't hold on to it without pushing the wrong button.

I think she may be on to something.

(I wonder what she would think of the labyrinth pentax calls the menu system?)
08-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #33
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What amazes me is that although a fair number of the women I have known, including the one I married, are highly intelligent and educated not one woman that I have ever met seems to be able to comprehend what a thermostat does, or how it works.
08-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
What amazes me is that although a fair number of the women I have known, including the one I married, are highly intelligent and educated not one woman that I have ever met seems to be able to comprehend what a thermostat does, or how it works.
LOL! That is so very recognizable!

08-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What? That's so easy!
Turn it to the right and it warms up the air. Turn it to the left and it cools the air down.
Simple, neh?
08-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #36
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kcmadr Quote
What? That's so easy!
Turn it to the right and it warms up the air. Turn it to the left and it cools the air down.
Simple, neh?
well, it would seem so. The part they don't seem to understand is that if it's set for 68, turning it down to 64 isn't going to stop the house from warming up during the day, it will just make it colder at night when you forget to turn it back up; or that if the AC is set at 80 and the house is 82 because it cant keep up, turning the thermostat down to 78 isn't going to help. Basically, none that I have ever known (don't want to make any all encompassing statements about the fairer sex) just don't comprehend the "leave the damned thing alone and it will take care of the temperature all by itself" concept.

Last edited by Parallax; 08-30-2013 at 08:46 AM.
08-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #37
Veteran Member

My daughter - with relatively little post-secondary schooling (community college HR credits and pilot's ground school, a wonderful combination) - researched and purchased a thermostat called the Nest. She explained it to me. More than once.

I don't know what it is, what it does, how it works, how it helps, or why Sandia National Labs ever released it to the general public. It rather sounds as if it includes an Android app that causes the laws of entropy (as opposed to entropy itself) to be reversed in certain sections of your house. Something to do with the Hogg's Bison, I think ...

08-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Although I like the photo, one thing is missing from the top: A fuel gauge for the belly; very important to keep it full.

By the way, I showed my wife the photo and she replied with a blank look on her face, "I don't get it."
08-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #39

I am very logical. I have realized that I cannot use my logic in an argument. My wife trumps me with " my logic is superior to yours. Sometimes even I do not understand it". My life is much easier now I know that I do not need to understand her. Women are complex because men get bored easily. I think it's great.
08-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #40
Veteran Member

haha stealing this ;-)
08-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Holy cow!
And I thought my wife was one in a million!!

Randy