Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Done.

I got a phone when I finished college so I'd have a contact number to put on my resume. Now, I have a job, and the phone doesn't get much use. I have a service plan that only charges you for the minutes you use, which is nice. My bill last month was $4.

09-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Completed
09-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
Done.
Interesting survey.
Was hoping to get "I live on quarters and pay-phones" as an options, then again pay-phones are slowing dying away
09-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hey guys, thank you very much for your time taking this.

I was supposed to get at least 30 replies, but we are almost at 60, holy smokes!

09-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Done.
I hate phones, all phones. They are a necessary evil, but I still hate them.

Regards!
I assume this was your response, Rupert?

"Cursing at the phone because it is too complicated."

09-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Done.

I got a phone when I finished college so I'd have a contact number to put on my resume. Now, I have a job, and the phone doesn't get much use. I have a service plan that only charges you for the minutes you use, which is nice. My bill last month was $4.
And I thought I was a cheap for paying $10.
You take the cake for that, sir.
09-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I've tried to embrace smartphones, but after having two, I'm back to a basic phone. I don't text. I don't need it for email or the internet. I don't need an appointment book or a timekeeper. I only wanted a cellphone for emergency purposes. I've been unable to walk without the aid of crutches for 30 years. I got my first phone in 1990. Funny, back then no provider could understand the concept of a phone NOT for business purposes. I had a difficult time explaining that the phone was for my own personal use and in case I became stranded in my car. I remember using it once while my car was axle deep in snow. Called a tow truck and waited in my warm car for an hour, but I didn't have to suffer. It can be a life saver for me. Times certainly have changed. Now, there as much for entertainment as they are purposeful. Anyway, I'm completely content with a talk only phone and the lesser bill doesn't hurt either. I'm kind of old school and I think 30 bucks per month for a basic data plan is outrageous.

Larry

09-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #23

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I did it for you too. Good luck with your research.
09-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #24
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Done, but I'm the wrong guy to ask, as I just love my iPhone to bits.
09-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Done, but I'm the wrong guy to ask, as I just love my iPhone to bits.
Anything that does a job well is satisfying to use. I use mine a lot, for all sorts of things from keeping track of the extended family birthdays to organising my work days, photographing equipment issues at work, staying in touch via SMS or even Facebook (I find out more about the far-flung grandchildren that way), providing music in the car, or even talking to people. I like old things because they can be so pleasant to use or even just look at, but a well-designed and built modern smart phone can be like that, too.