Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-17-2013, 12:04 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for help you guys. I went to the hosptail's ER last Monday because I was suicidal with a plan. I've had 3 suicide attempts in the past, including one that tore my stomach and aorta where I needed surgery big time. I am out on a 4 hour pass that my doctor (psychiatrist) gave me before I have to head back to the hospital again where I estimate I will be leaving on Friday. I am feeling a lot better. My meds have been changed around so I now take Clozapine to replace my Mirtazapine and Abilify. I doubt the meds kicked in that fast, however the hospital stay definitely improved my focus and mood. My doctor wrote a note for my school so that I can drop my classes without penalty.

09-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Glad you went to the ER! It sometimes takes real courage to admit that you need resources beyond your own. Please try to get some talk therapy in addition to the meds, it seems that a combination of the two is the most effective way to go. You might consider finding a job (not easy in this wretched economic time!), one with low stress, which would give you a breathing spell to get yourself "together."

Have a look at this site: NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness - Mental Health Support, Education and Advocacy These are good people who advocate for the mentally ill and their families. Note that they have a section for support groups; there should be one or more groups in your area. Believe me, its easier dealing with a problem when you can share with others who have dealt or are dealing with their own problems. Or your psychiatrist should be able to refer you to a good center.

As you know most psych meds take some time to really kick in, so give yourself time. Be gentle with yourself. At 23 you have a lot of time to "center" yourself and decide what you want as a career. You've got time for more than one career!
09-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #18

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Thanks for help you guys. I went to the hosptail's ER last Monday because I was suicidal with a plan. I've had 3 suicide attempts in the past, including one that tore my stomach and aorta where I needed surgery big time. I am out on a 4 hour pass that my doctor (psychiatrist) gave me before I have to head back to the hospital again where I estimate I will be leaving on Friday. I am feeling a lot better. My meds have been changed around so I now take Clozapine to replace my Mirtazapine and Abilify. I doubt the meds kicked in that fast, however the hospital stay definitely improved my focus and mood. My doctor wrote a note for my school so that I can drop my classes without penalty.
It is great that you understood yourself well enough to get help Take care of yourself. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason. This will give you the time you need to get yourself a plan for the future. If you can't see yourself getting a career that you'll love, find one that gives you plenty of time to enjoy the things you love. It's all about balance. Most importantly take care of yourself.