Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
8mm anyone?

I inherited my dad's old Wollensak 8mm equipment (camera, projector and screen) and have just been keeping it safely in storage but it occurred to me that my son is going to be born into a truly digital world and I would love to be able to share the fun of going Analog. I've got my collection of vinyl LPs, and have been shopping around a bit lately for a film SLR but I'm at a bit of a loss for finding any sources for 8mm film stock. Anybody here know of merchants that have stock in their inventories or can get it special order?

Thanks for any help, and here's a couple pics of the Wollensak camera for fun...

03-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #2

I do not have an answer for you, but if you do find a source please let me know. I have an old Bell & Howell 8mm that I was thinking about trying out just for kicks. It did come with a couple of rolls of Kodachrome II, but I don't know if it would be any good now...
03-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I found this info site.

The 8mm Film makers FAQ

click on the two links from the first question and that should get you started.
03-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Chako!

There may be hope for us yet, lost.

I also stumbled onto 8mm Film Stock. They've got several varieties but require a minimum of 10 roll order. At least the stuff is out there.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a local shop that can take a look at the camera to make sure everything is still in order too. I did wind it up the other day and the spring is still intact so that's a good sign as long as it isn't too stretched/stressed with age. I've got to take the Clarus MS-35 in for a look too; last time I ran film through that was 1982 and it was a little leaky around the edges then.

03-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #5

Thanks for the links. That gives me something to help decide if I really want to do this.