Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
FYI: $0.01 listing fee sale on Fleabay

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

For any of you who have been thinking about doing a little spring cleaning and unloading some gear on Fleabay, here's a good opportunity to do so. If you start your listing out at $0.99 or less and have a detailed seller rating of 4.5 or more, then you're eligible. Click on the following link to more info: 1¢ insertion fees on Auction listings start at 99¢ or less!
It runs through 3/31.

I took advantage of this deal myself and have some items listed. One of the neat things about this deal is that you can list your item in as many categories as you want and they're all $0.01 each. My username is book-junkie if you're interested in seeing what I have for sale.

Heather

03-26-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Just remember their now dramatically higher final value fees, and coming soon- no negative feedback allowed from sellers.

I wonder if the boycott is finally starting to hurt them? As much as I want to like ebay, between their fees and paypal fees (also owned by ebay) I'm giving up way too much everytime I sell. They want you to provide the item, do all the service work, but for them to make all the profit.
03-30-2008, 04:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Perhaps they should change their name to FLEECEbay

I checked it out for myself and oh my goodness, those final value fees have definitely gone up. While I appreciate eBay's efforts to make shopping there more buyer-friendly, I don't think it's right for them to screw the sellers at the same time. Just as there are dishonest sellers, there are certainly dishonest buyers and there needs to be a better way of handling the issue other than penalizing the sellers by hiking the final value fees and not allowing them to leave negative feedback for buyers who abuse the system.

I will definitely be a lot more picky as to what I put on Fleabay to sell. I will definitely be using the Marketplace first for photo gear, for sure.

I'll still be using them to buy things, as long as the seller doesn't charge an exhorbitant rate for shipping. I refuse to buy or bid on anything with inflated shipping costs.

Heather

PS: When I go shopping on Fleabay, perhaps this is the reason I'm not seeing as much of a good selection as I used to, especially when it comes to camera gear. Hmmm...