Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mass Shooting at Washington Navy Yard (no political replies)

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST. KEEP YOUR REPLIES APPROPRIATE AND RESPECTFUL. ANY POLITICAL REPLIES WILL BE DELETED!

At least one gunman breached security at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC this morning. The death toll stands at 12 at this time, plus the shooter, who I refuse to count in the victim total. The number of injured is not firmly known at this time. The FBI, Washington Metro Police and Naval Security Forces are currently looking for a possible 2nd shooter. Please send your thoughts, prayers, best wishes or whatever out to the victims, their families and to our first responders seeking to apprehend the 2nd shooter.

Thank you,

Mike... MSgt USAF (Ret)

Last edited by MRRiley; 09-16-2013 at 01:45 PM.
09-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Been hearing the news this morning. Now I hear 12.

Sad.

And I thought, maybe I have friends who work there.
09-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very, very sad. My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones due to this violence and also with those who may spend a long time recovering from their wounds, physical as well as mental.
09-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Bloody awful.

When I read the post title, not having heard the news, I took the "shooting" to refer to photography and didn't understand the political reference. If it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't have read the post.

My condolences to all their friends and families.

09-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Appears to be that there was only one shooter. Also appears to be becoming quite common, which is really scary. So common that in order to get past the "not so unusual anymore" event requires a moment to stop and think of those affected by such horrors. There are a lot of hurting people there tonight, families and friends, workmates......we care, we sympathize with their pain and misery, although they will never know most of us or that we cared.
Picture a vacant chair at your dinner table tonight......these people were more than just numbers.
Closed Thread