Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #76
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Jim...It was a pretty stern warning, no doubt about that! Noticed in the news that your three days of superb weather are over for this year......stay warm and get ready to shovel that snow! You have my sympathy, here it is after noon and only 62F, so I feel your pain!

Thanks Ryan! I'd sure be ashamed to show anyone that I might "kick their ass". Maybe if they were in traction with a dozen broken bones, but even then I'd be leery before I attempted it!

Thanks Bigted! I appreciate it! Yes, I do take the pain pills as needed, hell, Macho Man Rupert disappeared a long time ago!

Best Regards!

BTW- I have worked on my attitude here and also keep reminding Mrs Rupert of how good looking she is....learned that from Otis! The little rascal is getting triple the peanuts I used to give him!

Got rewarded with my favorite once-a- week meal from the Cotton Patch Cafe......Chicken Fried Steak/Yeast Rolls! Delicious, as usual! We split the meal, I sure don't need to be gaining any weight to put on this bad foot!
[IMG] [/IMG]

10-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #77
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fortunately all we got was rain. 50 miles West, and beyond is another story.
10-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Pardon the re-post, but let's get it clear about a pink cast...or a Labrador puppy...We can have a poll, but I don't think it is necessary to conclude that a pink cast or a Labrador puppy will not always attract "Hot Chicks".

I know I am not always right, but I'm not off on this one!
Hah! New spectacles, brush your hair and you'll be unrecognisable (very useful for that later police lineup).

You haven't seen what I look like and I know the Labrador pup trick works. We get a new one regularly (we puppy raise and do temp care for Guide Dogs).
10-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I can clean up a little but it is still going to take a hell of a good looking doggie to attract those "Hot Chicks"!
[IMG] [/IMG]

This one modeled for me a couple of years...went to the eye doctor one day and got herself some good glasses.....haven't seen her since!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Squirrels are easy, they don't really care what you look like as long as you keep food in the feeders! Shot this one through my office window a little while ago.....he saw me, but it was only the feed that drew his interest!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

10-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Yeah, I can clean up a little but it is still going to take a hell of a good looking doggie to attract those "Hot Chicks"!
Hmm, I'm almost convinced.

Today, we were walking Ivor, the current lab (he's a guide dog with us for temp care whilst his client is in hospital following a car accident), when a very attractive blonde came out of her house and saw him. We had a nice 10 minute chat while she patted and cuddled him. I got her name and where she works, too.

We had him before Guide Dogs decided to take him and train him rather than use him as a permanent stud dog.

This is he:

Some of our charges here: http://www.aulro.com/afvb/general-chat/164871-latest-addition-family.html

Last edited by p38arover; 10-05-2013 at 05:50 PM.
10-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Never underestimate the impact that a good doggie - and a pillow case - can have on us guys attractiveness.....just saying....
10-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's a good looking doggie! I love doggies, maybe I will get me a new pal...and a pillowcase?

Regards!

10-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #83
Veteran Member

I forgot to say (my wife reminded me) that the blonde's younger sister came out, too, and we got introduced to her as well.
10-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #84
Veteran Member

Rupert, I'm so tired of all the K-3 threads, please show us another shot of your foot or something.... perhaps Mrs Rupert's foot will look better
10-10-2013, 02:35 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Wow Rupert, that must be painful! I hope you are feeling better soon. I know I'm going to let some young guys do my roof when it comes time, it's like a 6/12. This east coast momma squirrel says take it easy.

[IMG] [/IMG]
10-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #86
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Borno! I'm doing OK so far, it's just "limp around and wait" for another couple of months. Very boring and confining, but it could be worse!

Like that squirrel shot, very nice colors too......camera and lens used?

Even young squirrels enjoy a good tree limb for a short nap!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
10-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Glad to hear you are doing a bit better. For my backyard snaps I usually use a 7d and 100-400mm and run the raws through capture one, the defaults are pretty good and I don't like too much manipulation anyways. If the light isn't good it gets deleted.

This other momma squirrel was on another branch of the pin oak waiting for some of those unsalted peanuts They like what the birds drop out of the feeder too. We have a squirrel buster feeder for the birds, the only one we ever had that really worked.

[IMG] [/IMG]
10-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I sure like the colors in those shots! Your squirrels are a different variety than mine, but no matter, they all master feed boxes! Mine have learned to think both "inside and outside" the box!

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

Fun little critters to watch! Not so much fun when they start eating up things they shouldn't, like the wiring in my Jeep!

Best Regards!
10-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Fun little critters to watch! Not so much fun when they start eating up things they shouldn't, like the wiring in my Jeep!

Best Regards!
Yep. Been having meeses nesting in the Ratmobile a fair bit over the past year. Fortunately, Takuma's on the case.

10-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Yep. Been having meeses nesting in the Ratmobile a fair bit over the past year. Fortunately, Takuma's on the case.
Now that is one fine looking cat, and one that saves you money by getting it's own food...one priceless pet!