Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #1

Pentax dealers in the Caribbean?

Does anybody know of any duty free shops selling Pentax on the island of Sint Maarten. I'm going on a cruise in Jan. and as it my 75th. birthday on the 10th. and our 75th. wedding anniversary on the 16th. I thought a K3 for me and something nice for my wife. Anybody help.
CHEERS Vic.

10-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Sorry I don't know but happy birthday anyway. You're going to be 75 years old and you've been married 75 years too?
10-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twister Quote
Does anybody know of any duty free shops selling Pentax on the island of Sint Maarten. I'm going on a cruise in Jan. and as it my 75th. birthday on the 10th. and our 75th. wedding anniversary on the 16th. I thought a K3 for me and something nice for my wife. Anybody help.
CHEERS Vic.
I doubt there's any Pentax presence there, but perhaps someone else will be able to give a more definitive answer!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #4

Original Poster
Pentax in the Caribbean

Sorry. Typo error. married 54years.

10-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Buy Now, Shop Later?

Hello Vic, Welcome to the Forum!
Do you know for sure that the K-3 would be (about) the same price there as in the UK? If it were me, I'd rather have the camera before I left, for photos of the entire trip. Sort of a 'pre-birthday' gift.
You could still buy the anniversary gift there, but if they didn't have the camera (or it was high-priced) you would still be OK.
JMO, congratulations either way!
Ron
10-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #6

Original Poster
twister

It's not a problem Ron. I have the K5iis and although I won't take it with me I still have my K5 as back up. The K5 of course I will sell if and when I get a K3 as I have done in the past with my Z1P, 645, ist*D, K10, and K7. I still keep my EI2000 because it was my first digital and I have my I-10 just to keep in my pocket at all times which I'll take with me. CHEERS Vic.
10-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hello and pre birthday wishes!
I have never been to that island but been in the Caribbean a couple of times.
are there any other ports you are visiting?
If you are going to Puerto Rico it is likely your best bet.

Have a great time!

Randy

10-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #8

Original Poster
Randy. I fly to Barbados, St. Vincent, Dominica, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, Grand Turk, Tortola, Barbados. Then back home to an English winter.
We did a similar trip in Jan. 2010 and renewed our vows for our golden wedding anniversary in Montego Bay.
10-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twister Quote
Randy. I fly to Barbados, St. Vincent, Dominica, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, Grand Turk, Tortola, Barbados. Then back home to an English winter.
We did a similar trip in Jan. 2010 and renewed our vows for our golden wedding anniversary in Montego Bay.
Wow sounds like a good time. The only one of those islands I have been to is Tortola and it was just beautiful!
I can't find any pentax shops there, but here is an electronics shop that sells the "other" big brands
http://www.boolchand.com/
We did Bahamas, Tortola, Grand Cayman, Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Roatan Honduras, Antigua and Barbuda, and then on another trip we stayed in Puerto Rico for a week.
I am very luck to see all of this, and we are leaving for Cuba at the end of October.
Living like a rich man on a poor man's budget

Post some photos and most importantly,
Have a great time!!

Cheers

Randy

Last edited by slip; 10-20-2013 at 05:25 PM.
10-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #10

I am a Pentax shooter here in St. Thomas, US. Virgin Islands and have bought my first two Pentax DSLR (K10/20D) here on island and of the two camera stores (Royal Caribbean and Boolchand's) they have branches on St. Martin/Maarten the last time I was there. You can check out both stores on Front Street (the main shopping area) when you get there. Have fun on your travels but sorry you are not going visit my beautiful island as one your many stop throughout the Caribbean.
10-26-2013, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

Pentaxes of the Caribbean ... sorry i could not resist
11-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I was very surprised to see a Pentax dealer in Havana Cuba

Cheers

Randy