Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The name of this short story?

Maybe 40 years ago or more. I read a longish short story in an anthology.

I think it was called "Faith, Hope, and Charity".

It was about 3 western criminals, each of whom died a a gruesome death somewhat related to his crime. One, I think, was run over by a train, another was slowly strangled by a leather strap as it shrank in the sun, etc.

Googling the title is rather hopeless...

Thought maybe it would ring a bell, here.

Last edited by SpecialK; 10-25-2013 at 02:03 PM.
10-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It did not but I love a Google challenge.

Based on the comment on this page PZ’s Podcast: Another Unread Author – But Wait! Hear Me Out | Mockingbird which started as a reference where I got the title and author Publication Listing, I think this is the book you are looking for and it may be available on Amazon. For sure it is in a rare book store. Just search with title in one set of qutes and author in another set.
10-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
It did not but I love a Google challenge.

Based on the comment on this page PZ’s Podcast: Another Unread Author – But Wait! Hear Me Out | Mockingbird which started as a reference where I got the title and author Publication Listing, I think this is the book you are looking for and it may be available on Amazon. For sure it is in a rare book store. Just search with title in one set of qutes and author in another set.
Thanks. I think you might have located it. $13.99 - I'll give it a shot...

“Faith, Hope, and Charity”, a cannily told tale with the moral ‘crime doesn’t pay’.
10-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One article, maybe that one said that it was one of his 2 top stories. For you to recall it 40 years later says it must have been a good one.