Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2013, 05:42 AM - 4 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery
The people on pentaxforums.com

I just want to say that I have been so happy with everyone I have come across on this website.

I have been met with super-friendly responses from people when asking how they took this or that photo.

I have gotten friendliness and quick responses when buying/selling on the marketplace.

I have gotten the same when posting technical questions or issues on the message boards.

Just thought I'd throw that out there that I think the Pentaxians are a fine community of folks. It never ceases to amaze me.

Here's to ya!

Jon

10-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I must agree Jon - this is the most friendly and helpful forum group I have ever been involved with. There is a true love for photography here which 99% of the members share.

Also credit has to be given to Adam and the moderators - these are the folks who have set the "tone" of the forum from the beginning. From my point of view here from the other side of the interweb, it looks like the moderators rarely have to intervene which says a lot about the members.
10-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vagabond79 Quote
I just want to say that I have been so happy with everyone I have come across on this website.

I have been met with super-friendly responses from people when asking how they took this or that photo.

I have gotten friendliness and quick responses when buying/selling on the marketplace.

I have gotten the same when posting technical questions or issues on the message boards.

Just thought I'd throw that out there that I think the Pentaxians are a fine community of folks. It never ceases to amaze me.

Here's to ya!

Jon
That really is the case. Very few inappropriate comments here.
Letīs keep it that way !
10-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
When I first started getting into photography, I found myself on other forums where many people were jerks and demeaned those who did not know as much as they did. I kind of assumed it must be some sort of photographer's code of arrogance but after being on here I know that is not true. This forum has also made me a lot less hesitant to approach someone in public who is taking photos and strike up a conversation.

10-30-2013, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Also credit has to be given to Adam and the moderators - these are the folks who have set the "tone" of the forum from the beginning.
I would agree with that 100%. It's a question of, "Do you allow kids to pee in your pool or not?" Adam and the moderators do not.
11-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #6

I'm only a member on one other photography forum, but over all it feels a lot more laid back and friendly here, even though this is a bigger site. Well... maybe not bigger but there are more people that post on a regular basis here. Maybe thats the problem with the other site.... since its a handful of "regulars" that post it makes us newbies feel invisible and I don't feel that over here even though I'm super new and only have a few posts. But I tend to do more "reading" and not so much posting since I rarely have anything to add to most conversation.