Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
My experience is from a South African perspective - owning several Samsungs and iphones with the business environment.

Samsung does not update its OS across all phones say down to S2 - thus an S4 will not be the same as an S3 - whereas all our iphones down to the 3 are all running ios7 - apps get updated timeously as well

Our S4's are still on outdated OS and cannot get 4G/LTE due to this - highly unacceptable in this day and age

I do own an iMac, ipad and all are used extensively for business use along with my iphone 5 - each are updated seamlessly so I can pick up either and just work on whatever platform I was on.

So when talking ecosystem Apple is far far better at the moment from a business experience.

The S4 will only perform with 4G if you bought a 4G/LTE capable model, the I-9505, not simply the I-9500. No OS updates will fix that. If you are a Mac user and prefer Apple, then there is no real reason to go the Android route anyway, in my opinion. Just stick with the Apple products.

I had an iPhone for 3 years and loved it, but since getting my S3 and S4, find it much more enjoyable. Mere preference I suppose.

Jason

01-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #62
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I actually like the BlackBerry Z10.

As long as you dont need every App in the universe its a great phone and a decent camera.

03-27-2014, 07:07 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had a number of smart phones, but my Galaxy Note 3 is the best, by far. What a great, smooth, fast... and huge, phone! The digital pen has unique multiple functionality, and the 13Mp camera isn't half bad. I was in a little café a few days ago and spotted these lamps, wishing I had a DSLR or K-01 with me, and remembered the Note 3 in my pocket!

04-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #64
Banned

If you are looking for some nice smartphone, I will recommend you to buy Xperia Curve. It will be a nice smartphone for your personal needs. It has been equipped with well quality Camera which you can use for snapping needs.
QuoteOriginally posted by fizzyvimto Quote
Hi

I've decided my (very old) Nokia is no longer up to the job and It's time to get a smartphone.

I was just wondering what everyone uses. I especially am attracted to the fact that there are photography apps and there is interconnectivity between phone and camera (e.g. IR, or flucard with K-3) which I think will be very useful for time-lapse and various other uses.

I'd prob not be looking at the top of the range £500 smartphone but was attracted the the Nexus 5, or something similar as it looks like good value.

Any thoughts?

Thanks