Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What's the weirdest thing that's ever been in your camera bag?

When I'm shooting on the go, I often end up with things I don't want to carry. I usually stuff it in my camera bag or laptop bag. Most of the time it's just promotional items but I have put some weird stuff in there. The weirdest thing was probably some pizza. I think I had forgotten that it was in there as I was shooting all day and needed to bring lunch. It was only in there for an hour or so until I found it. Still, I thought it was funny. At the same event, I considered putting a sausage dog in there. It had been given to me by one of the deputies after lunch. What's the weirdest thing that's even been in your camera bag?

11-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This weekend my camera bag held a ceramic skull, two packets of hot chocolate, a mug, and colored illustrations of a Xoloitzcuintli.
From Dia de Los Muertos event : souvenir, giveaway, giveaway, grand kids craft project of aztec dog.
11-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Inactive Account

A live pig's nose!
11-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ferret toys.
I used to have a ferret that liked to crawl in my bag. Sometimes he'd take a toy with him and leave it there and I wouldn't find it until sometime later.

11-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
This weekend my camera bag held a ceramic skull, two packets of hot chocolate, a mug, and colored illustrations of a Xoloitzcuintli.
From Dia de Los Muertos event : souvenir, giveaway, giveaway, grand kids craft project of aztec dog.
I got nothing that will beat that!!
11-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
...colored illustrations of a Xoloitzcuintli.
I have one at all times. You just never know when it will come in handy. A submarine sandwich on occasion, as well.
11-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I have one at all times. You just never know when it will come in handy. A submarine sandwich on occasion, as well.
you so funny
11-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
Veteran Member

A condom but I'm not expecting to get lucky.

It has multiple other uses.

11-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ASheffield Quote
When I'm shooting on the go, I often end up with things I don't want to carry. I usually stuff it in my camera bag or laptop bag. Most of the time it's just promotional items but I have put some weird stuff in there. The weirdest thing was probably some pizza. I think I had forgotten that it was in there as I was shooting all day and needed to bring lunch. It was only in there for an hour or so until I found it. Still, I thought it was funny. At the same event, I considered putting a sausage dog in there. It had been given to me by one of the deputies after lunch. What's the weirdest thing that's even been in your camera bag?
A dead baby vole. My cat left it there as a little present when I went to the bathroom before leaving on a photo hike. I guess it must have gotten into the house and she killed it. She must have thought I needed a little snack to take along, lol. Fortunately it only landed on the lens cleaning pad not my camera.
11-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #10
Inactive Account

In the pre-electronic timer days, I used to carry a portable wind-up metronome to time night exposures. This "offbeat" item suffered an "untimely" death when my bag was swamped by a giant wave on Oahu's North Shore.
11-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #11
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand................William Blake
Wow, all you folk find really exciting stuff in your bags, mines just got boring camera stuff in it.
11-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
A dead baby vole. My cat left it there as a little present when I went to the bathroom before leaving on a photo hike. I guess it must have gotten into the house and she killed it. She must have thought I needed a little snack to take along, lol. Fortunately it only landed on the lens cleaning pad not my camera.
Gotta love cats! Dead animal=love!!!
11-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Gotta love cats! Dead animal=love!!!
Not really... From what I understand, cats give you dead animals cause they think you're a terrible hunter and that you will consequently die from starvation if they otherwise didn't give it to you

11-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Not really... From what I understand, cats give you dead animals cause they think you're a terrible hunter and that you will consequently die from starvation if they otherwise didn't give it to you
See? Love, they don't want you to starve!!
11-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Free Your Mind?

Well, I do a lot of street shooting and once last year, happened to be downtown during the final rally for a marijuana initative, (which eventually passed, BTW) near the State Capitol building.
You know what's coming, right?
Uh, huh. They were dancing, loud music, tie-died T-shirts, braided hair, you get the idea. A much younger crowd than you might imagine, I would have guessed lots of aging hippies, but no, many skate-boarding 'kids' of late-teen to early 20's.
And they were openly smoking pot, in fact have you heard the phrase 'Contact High'? Sort of like second hand smoke, but slightly different in it's effect.
Passing out flyers, cards, adverts, several happy-face stickers, all of which ended up in my camera bag. Along with...a small plastic bag containg two neatly rolled joints. Didn't see' em until I was emptying out the bag, at home.
Did I smoke them? No, I'm not into it, but my neighbor in the apartment building is. He's a part-time student, musician, waiter in a small cyber-cafe', ticks all the right boxes for a pot-smoker. Plus, the stuff smells like...pot, hard to overlook that in the hallway! Oh, yes, the Pink Floyd music, another clue.
So, I trotted next door, knocked and gave him the joints, made a good friend there. Dude!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it, Officer.
Ron

Last edited by rbefly; 11-06-2013 at 05:12 AM.