Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Maybe i shouldn't read camera threads after i've bought the camera.

Maybe i shouldn't read camera threads after i've bought the camera.
Just a little vent here. (very off topic)
So i research camera reviews and decide on a particular camera based on the Glowing reviews,, but i don't read the camera threads from people who actually have experience with the camera until AFTER i have purchased it.
Now im like, "Oh wow did i get a bad camera?" "Is it going to die within a year?"
I never really was deeply part of any particular camera forum until i got this Pentax ,, now im freaking myself out thinking, "Oh maybe i should of got that a65 or D7000" LOL
Anyway,, Here's to paranoia fueled by to much forum reading, Cheers

11-13-2013, 05:08 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ahh, a classic case of cognitive dissonance. I took a consumer psychology class a few thousand years ago. One point that I well remember is that years ago the auto makers spent a significant portion of their marketing and advertising budget at creating materials that would aim to convince people who recently purchased their products to continue believing that they made the right choice..

You know, forum comments, advertising, and camera brands have little to do with actual photography. So cheer up and enjoy photography.

M
11-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There aren't many "bad" SLRs out there. Reviewers end up picking nits because, they have to find something wrong with what they are looking at. Just shoot and enjoy!
11-13-2013, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss your sanity goodbye!!! At least reading some threads, you know the ones involving Ricoh, squirrels and bunnies with waffles! I lost my mind years ago! I gave up looking for it! They're over rated anyway!!

11-13-2013, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OldNoob Quote
Here's to paranoia fueled by to much forum reading, Cheers
I recommend never second-guessing a purchase. Just learn from mistakes :-) I also tend to discount most opinions, and any poll whatsoever.
11-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss your sanity goodbye!!! At least reading some threads, you know the ones involving Ricoh, squirrels and bunnies with waffles! I lost my mind years ago! I gave up looking for it! They're over rated anyway!!
Overrated? What your mind or Bunnies with waffles?
11-13-2013, 08:58 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OldNoob Quote
Overrated? What your mind or Bunnies with waffles?
My mind!! I found I can function much better without it, especially at work!

11-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Ahh, a classic case of cognitive dissonance. I took a consumer psychology class a few thousand years ago. One point that I well remember is that years ago the auto makers spent a significant portion of their marketing and advertising budget at creating materials that would aim to convince people who recently purchased their products to continue believing that they made the right choice...
You're quite right: that's why there are BMW and Mercedes-centric magazines, but you'll also notice Canon and Nikon-only publications, too. You have to constantly stroke your customers and keep them away from contaminating outside influences!

One of the nice (healthy) things about Pentax Forums is that there is lively discussion about other brands, too, officially encouraged.