Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2013, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sneaky Amazon advertising

How to get Amazon mentioned everywhere on Cyber Monday? Have the CEO say he's thinking about delivering packages by drones.

12-02-2013, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Sneaky Amazon advertising
Hopefully not the same kind of packages delivered by some other kinds of drones...
12-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The FAA would point out that this scheme is currently illegal...
12-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, and he said the earliest he expected the FAA to allow it would be 2015 or 2016 (I forget which.) But it was talked about all day on CNBC, so having the interview on 60 minutes the night before Cyber Monday was either a stroke of genius or some amazing luck. Supposedly it would be able to deliver a payload of no more than 5 pounds up to 10 miles. And someone else pointed out that a pizza is less than five pounds... hmmm.

Can you imagine a future with all sorts of little drones flying through the air overhead? I hope that doesn't come to pass. Plus you'd better be home when it is delivered or it would be pretty obvious you got a package from Amazon and someone could just pick it up and walk away. But then I suppose if you picked up the wrong package the little police drones would fire little remote taser barbs into your body and you'd just have to lay there twitching in the grass until some little cops showed up in their little car and took you off to...

...THE BIG HOUSE!!!

(And if it does come to pass, how many people will lose their jobs delivering things?)

12-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those were not the drones you were looking for ...... I saw the bit , pretty cool however sooooooooo many logistics to work out the least of which is not taking the dog's nose off with the propellers. May never happen but you have to admire their outside the box approach and I was impressed with a bunch of stuff they showed. Sell everything to everybody - talk about setting the bar high.