Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Printed Pentax Brochures: K20/K200

Hello - I'm a new Pentaxian (since Nov. '07) and this is my first post here. Now after lurking for a couple months, its time to post and rant a little.

I am interested in the new K20 body, and I downloaded the PDF brochure from the PentaxImaging site. The issue I have with the brochure is that the content is against a black background - horrible for inkjet printing, especially two-sided, you'd be able to wring the ink out of the paper! So, I wrote the Pentax folks a nice email requesting a printed copy via postal mail. Can you believe they did not honor the request!?! It wouldn't be so bad if these were available at local camera stores. Of course, as a lurker I've read many posts about lack of Pentax inventory at camera stores....

So, I'm curious if anyone here has any recent printed Pentax marketing pieces, and I'd like to know how they got them. Perhaps there is a better contact for me to use when requesting materials. When I was a teenager I picked up Pentax and other maker's brochures by the handful, now seems only Nikon and Canon produce any in significant quantity.

Thanks for reading my rant - I am enjoying my Pentax K100D Super as it is much lighter weight than my Canon stuff, and its fun to use!

Regards,
MitchellT

04-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

As far as I know, there is no printed brochure about the K20D. Don't know why they didn't do one if they are interested in increasing their sales.
04-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, Flyer. Maybe some others have seen an actual piece? It doesn't make a lot of sense to us, but maybe folks inside Pentax are waiting for things to settle down now that the acquistion deal by Hoya has actually happened.

Are there any Pentax employees who monitor these forums? If so, I'm sure they'll have a reply.
04-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I have a printed brochure from Pentax with the K20 and K200 in it. Got it from a dealer friend of mine. It also shows the new DA* lenses in it. Send me a PM with your adress and I'll see if I can land another one for you.

04-07-2008, 05:58 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dealers do have the K20D/K200D literature. Pentax sent us box loads. If you can't find one let me know.
thanks
barondla
04-07-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Kent and Baron, I think I finally contacted the 'right' someone at Pentax who will mail be the materials. I'm glad to hear the glossy marketing materials are 'out there', as they should be, they just don't seem to be in my town... our best camera store in the area recently changed hands and now carries only 'point and shoots'. Of course they can order stuff, but its not the same as it used to be. It seems the internet has changed the way people buy cameras and other consumer items, so stores have more narrow selections and only a couple brands now. <sigh>
04-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Both dealers I deal with said they never got any. But, in Quebec, there is often delays with those things because they don't always have bilingual ones and, by law, they can't give you english if they don't have french. That is also the reason the K20D came in Quebec after the rest of Canada. Each and every boxes containing the K20D had to be opened by the distributor to insert the french instruction manual, and re-closed. If you wanted the english instruction, they where supplied to you in a separate package.