Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

My first lost package, I think.....

I bought a nice lens from KEH. Fedex tracking showed it was delivered to my front door yesterday, Dec 18, at 4:30 PM. It was not delivered to my house. It is still AWOL. Who do I contact first? Fedex or KEH? I'm not a fan of Fedex because they always deliver at 8:00 PM or later at night. Often times they don't even ring the doorbell. Anyway, this is the last straw with this shipping company. So, any advice?

Larry

12-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
I bought a nice lens from KEH. Fedex tracking showed it was delivered to my front door yesterday, Dec 18, at 4:30 PM. It was not delivered to my house. It is still AWOL. Who do I contact first? Fedex or KEH? I'm not a fan of Fedex because they always deliver at 8:00 PM or later at night. Often times they don't even ring the doorbell. Anyway, this is the last straw with this shipping company. So, any advice?

Larry
Delivery companies don't typically work with the person receiving the package as well as they do with the person who sent it, so start with KEH. BTW: Are you sure a neighbor didn't get it for you? My neighbors get mine for me all the time if I'm not home.
12-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Tom. I was home at the time. As a matter of fact, I was home all evening. There are 5 other homes on my dead end street, and none of them got my package. I guess I'll call KEH tomorrow.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Delivery companies don't typically work with the person receiving the package as well as they do with the person who sent it, so start with KEH. BTW: Are you sure a neighbor didn't get it for you? My neighbors get mine for me all the time if I'm not home.
12-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Larry
Contact both. 800-go-fedex. At the recording, say "representative", then "shipping", then "no". Eventually you will get a live body. Ask for a driver trace and give them the tracking number. Sometimes the driver puts it behind a planter etc, or in the case of the UPS driver, in the trash can which got...trashed.

12-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Larry
I too went through something similar recently.
And I found out that the signature and delivery was due to a 3rd party delivery company(local) which would deliver the package the next day.

Not saying this is what happened in your case but figured it it couldn't hurt to share.
12-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got an email from UPS saying that they'd left a package "at the front door" 20 minutes before I saw the email. No package at the door. Glanced at the garage door, nothing. I called the vendor, and the rep said that during peak periods, like Christmas, some UPS drivers would scan a bunch of packages before they delivered them, so delivery might be delayed by a day! A hell of a way to run a business. Also there apparently isn't much choice to note where the package is left. The next day I had occasion to open the garage, and there it was, hidden from easy view. Grrrrrr.... The front porch is shielded from rain, the garage door isn't. Must have been a sub UPS driver, since our usual guy had never left a package at the garage door.

FedEx, on the other hand..... Apparently as JohnBee noted FedEx subs the delivery routes in at least some cases.
12-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lens found in fine condition. I tried to contact Fedex, but I might as well talk to the wall. A call to KEH revealed that they had shipped to my old address. An address that I had not lived at for six years. Even though I entered the current address, the computer chose the old one. Computers can't think. Anyway, it was found this morning at my old house on the porch. At least it wasn't buried in snow. KEH packages so well though it wouldn't have mattered even if it drifted in the ocean for a week.

Larry

12-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have totally given up on having packages shipped to my home. Fed Ex, UPS and especially USPS have a horrible track record delivering to my neighborhood. For some reason household deliveries seem to happen very LATE in the day and I think all the drivers just want Miller time to begin. I am lucky to work for a company that doesn't mind employees personal packages being delivered there. I've never once had a problem having stuff delivered to this business address.
12-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Forum Member

Lens found in fine condition. I tried to contact Fedex, but I might as well talk to the wall. A call to KEH revealed that they had shipped to my old address. An address that I had not lived at for six years. Even though I entered the current address, the computer chose the old one. Computers can't think. Anyway, it was found this morning at my old house on the porch. At least it wasn't buried in snow. KEH packages so well though it wouldn't have mattered even if it drifted in the ocean for a week.

Larry
Good to hear it worked out well for you!
12-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It should be noted that all carriers are especially busy this time of year and may deliver outside their normal hours.
One night this week when I was leaving for work after 10:00 PM I saw a FedEx Ground truck delivering to a home on my block .

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 12-21-2013 at 04:15 PM.
12-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
By the way, the lens is an A 200mm f4. I had to try it out this morning. Taken at f4. I like the lens. It seems pretty sharp at f4, but I notice some green fringe around the edges of the snow. Anyway, it did survive two nights out in the cold.

12-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad your lens survived. Those ball players look frozen stiff!
12-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Larry

Good to hear that your lens arrived safe and sound!

Shipping is so hectic this time of year, I had a sub-$400 item lost in the mail/stolen from my doorstep last year and this year, I'm still waiting on some items that I ordered from a few states over- on black Friday! It's been almost a month and they're still not here, tracking shows them held up.