Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2013, 11:31 AM - 2 Likes   #76

Photos: Gallery
Heie Welcom Home

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
My biggest gift I guess would be that, as compared to last year, I'm home from Afghanistan this Christmas, and spending it (in the Austrian Alps!) with my wife and her family.

-Heie
First of all thank you for serving. I hope I speak for all of us in saying how glad we are that you are home with your wife. It is my sincere wish that the fruits of you labor in Afghanistan will be evident with a peaceful and prosperous Afghanistan. Welcome home and I hope you have a merry Christmas.

12-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8. I prefer it over the Sigma 24-70mm. Also, Pentax sling bag. No more messengers for me!
12-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #78

Tamron 70-200 F 2.8

I game this to myself. I got a refurbished Tamron 70-200 F 2.8. I waited to long on the black Friday special for the Sigma 70-200 F 2.8 at B&H and had to settle for the Tamron. At $619.00 It was not a bad buy for a Christmas present to my self and my wife. But to shoot hockey the Hyper-Sonic Motor of the Sigma would be so much better. Perhaps next year I will learn to pull the trigger faster on the black Friday deals.
12-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DRAGONART Quote
My wife understands me! a K3 c/w 18-135mm WR, 2 x 32gb cards, a 900w studio flash lighting kit, umbrellas and reflectors. Spolit rotten... and then she cooked for 10 and took the dogs for a walk so i could get everything out of the boxes ... now for monopoly; how can I can say 'no'!
I wish I had a wife or a girlfriend like that.

12-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Pentax MX-1 to compliment my K5ii.
12-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For the last several years my wife and I have been giving each other gifts from World Vision, usually goats or other farm animals, or money to prevent human trafficking. I also got a upgrade to Lightroom 5, and my wife has been wanting a remote control helicopter to fly around. That's about it for us..

Last edited by Wingincamera; 12-25-2013 at 12:30 PM.
12-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #82
Veteran Member

I bought myself a Sinar F1 4x5 large format camera and some equipment to complete my darkroom. My mom and dad got me the three Ansel Adams books (The Camera, The Negative and The Print). Some clothes as well.

I can't wait to start wet printing in the darkroom!

My photography usually involves 10+ mile hikes up in the high country, with elevations reaching over 14,000 ft. The added weight of this large format camera to my pack brings the weight up to close to 40 lbs. It is worth it though.

12-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #83

A Lens cup

Too bad it is not a Pentax...
But I loved it!!
Attached Images

12-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #84
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
What did you get for Christmas?
What you mean there's something else apart from socks?... what after all these years...
12-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I usually end up buying myself Christmas stuff. My wife and I usually just buy want we want/need throughout the year, so for Christmas we have a $50 limit for each other just so we have something to open.

On Black Friday I bought one of my grail lenses - DA* 300. Also couldn't resist in the past couple days and ordered myself a Ricoh GR. Not too sure about the compact camera, but had to give one a try.

My wife did great with a gift for me - a Cowboy Studio kit which as 2 light stands w/umbrella brackets with 4 small umbrellas. Just what I wanted to do more off camera work with shoe mount flashes. I already have a pair of AF280T flashes and Cactus triggers, so I am all set. This will be great to keep shooting inside on these long (short) cold winter days.
12-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #86
Pentaxian

My wife gave me a box of Turtles and a WG III with case. In return she got only her choice of Holgas or similar cameras when we are in Calgary Friday. Not really a present as such since was dealing for it since the fall but on Friday I should be in possesion of a 15DA lens (used). We also jointly got a cordless drill which she will use more than me, but not as much as the ebook (Kobo) a couple of years ago which I have so far read one chapter and she half the books written in English in the last 40 years.

And we got warmer weather, sort of above freezing for a couple of days.
12-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
I bought myself a Sinar F1 4x5 large format camera and some equipment to complete my darkroom. My mom and dad got me the three Ansel Adams books (The Camera, The Negative and The Print). Some clothes as well.

I can't wait to start wet printing in the darkroom!

My photography usually involves 10+ mile hikes up in the high country, with elevations reaching over 14,000 ft. The added weight of this large format camera to my pack brings the weight up to close to 40 lbs. It is worth it though.

I think if you like the images you get you will be looking at a field camera very soon, or will when you get older
12-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nothing! But I'm going to get a new 65" LCD HDTV next month when the prices drop for the Super Bowl.
12-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
My wife gave me a box of Turtles and a WG III with case. In return she got only her choice of Holgas or similar cameras when we are in Calgary Friday. Not really a present as such since was dealing for it since the fall but on Friday I should be in possesion of a 15DA lens (used). We also jointly got a cordless drill which she will use more than me, but not as much as the ebook (Kobo) a couple of years ago which I have so far read one chapter and she half the books written in English in the last 40 years.

And we got warmer weather, sort of above freezing for a couple of days.
I gave my wife a Makita cordless chain saw. You will love the DA 15 Ltd. I dream about mine, sometimes awakening and checking my camera to make sure it is still there. (Elves are known to covet the smaller Limited lenses.)
12-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fasampe Quote
Too bad it is not a Pentax...
But I loved it!!
My haircut gal gave me one of these too! As I don't drink coffee mine will adorn a bookshelf...

Regards, Jim