Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2008, 06:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
my Paypal woes...

It seems for the last month, I've been having nothing but problems with Paypal when it comes to anything to do with directly withdrawing or depositing money from my checking account. Everything gets reversed. When use it to pay, I have to use the debit card connected with my checking account and it looks like I'm going to either have to pay $1.50 for them to send me a check or use the Paypal debit card to get the money that's in there. Sometime back, I talked with them and they said that they'd been having problems with their system. I don't think it's my local checking account, because other debits and deposits have come through just fine. I've added a savings account at another institution, so once I confirm it and attempt to transfer the money to that account, we'll see what happens. If it won't transfer to that account either, then I'll know for sure that it's a Paypal issue.

I'm getting really disgusted with this. Is anybody else having similar problems?

Thanks!
Heather

04-09-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I try to avoid using PayPal, as there have been numerous attempts to hack or spoof their site. I'm not comfortable that transactions using PayPal are secure or authentic. Still, it's the only option provided for payment on some websites, so I do use it occasionally; this usually results in a notable uptick in spam and fake/phishing e-mail messages from naughty folks.
04-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The once that I used paypal I ended up with more spam and contact from crooks than I cared to deal with.

So I closed my account, and deleted that e-mail account as well.

Never again. If I can't contact them, and just send them a money order I didn't need it anyways.
04-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Since my account has been verified, paypal has been a pleasure to use.

I think it is really about luck here.

04-10-2008, 06:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I use then as a necessary evil in the world of online purchases. I have a special credit card with a small limit associated with my account. That keeps me happy.

Years ago I got stung on an EBay transaction. I gave Pay Pal about 20 days to do something about it. I gave up - called My Credit Card Company and was taken care of - they went after Pay Pal for the refund.

I just Emailed them a few days ago about my address not showing up (for some recent purchases here) it use to , the emailed me back 3 days later saying because it was not an EBay transaction - well I know it use to , so something changed.

I don't use them much and all Pay Pal is to me is a 'necessary evil' much like a credit card. (every try to rent a car without a credit card haha)
04-10-2008, 06:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm also not a great fan of paypal...

Just make sure they do not have access to ANY bank accounts. Deal with paypal only thru a credit card. Credit card companies have a lot of muscle when it comes to "errors" from vendors or paypal.

Pat
04-10-2008, 07:11 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The small deposits that Paypal made to my savings account at another institution (ING Direct) came though, so I was able to confirm that account. I've attempted to transfer some of my money to that account, so we'll see what happens. Ever since the problems started, I've used my debit Visa card to pay for stuff without any problems.

As for selling, it may get to the point where I'll stop taking Paypal all-together and just offer Revolution Money Exchange or MOs as forms of payment. If for some reason, eBay won't let me do that, then I may just stop selling on eBay.

Ebay jacks up their seller fees and then Paypal issues--this is getting ridiculous!

Heather

04-10-2008, 07:57 AM   #8

paypal

Paypal has SUCKED since the beginning. It is an Ebay company, so what do you expect. They both want to "reinvent the wheel" I have never and will never accept Paypal. They are also very anti gun and will cancel your acct. if they feel you're purchasing ANYTHING to do with firearms. Like Ebay they are DICTATORS. It's YOUR $$, so why do they act like it's theirs??

Just my 2 cents!
04-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Paypay is the devil. Unfortunely as bad as they are it seems there are more secure than Money Orders today. :\ The thing that really gets my goat is that since paypal and ebay are the same company they still hit you with full excessive fee with you complete an ebay transaction through them. You'd think since they're double dipping you'd get some discount.