Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
01-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks.

Yeah, the recalcitrance and now this new tit-for-tat mentality has worn me through.

Adios, muchachos!

01-06-2014, 03:13 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
FWIW in my opinion the forum was a lot more lively, with much richer conversations when it wasn't so preoccupied with categorizing everything. To my mind there are about 50 too many sub-forums and way too much moderation. For a forum celebrating a camera manufacturer whose motto is/was "Be Different" this place has really become a "my way or the highway" sort of joint.
I agree, there's a definite descent into blandness and mediocrity since the purge of all political / controversial or whatever is judged to be 'off topic'.
01-06-2014, 03:39 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
01-06-2014, 04:31 AM   #34
Pentaxian

"IMMATURE people always want to win arguments even at the cost of a relationship. MATURE ones prefer losing an argument just to uphold a golden relationship".....Nishan Pangwar

You know I posted this because I took offense at what someone posted when I first started posting in the forum and threatened to not post again...That was the immature side of me. Well needless to say the mature side of me took over and I decided to become part of the community and accept that not everyone will agree with what I may have to say. That's ok in my book because there are some things I can contribute, some things I may be not quite right on and someone will catch me on it. If that happens I am man enough to stand corrected.. Good luck wherever you land..

Words from a Technogeekycreativeoldsoul.

PS... The actual quote on that is.... but I'm sure you know that

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 01-06-2014 at 05:00 AM.
01-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
I agree, there's a definite descent into blandness and mediocrity since the purge of all political / controversial or whatever is judged to be 'off topic'.
OK, I'll explain it again. The P & R section was removed because several people failed to be civil, causing the moderators to spend an inordinate amount of time there monitoring, cleaning up posts and penalizing the guilty parties. Additionally, the staff agreed that it provided nothing to the context of this site, which is about photography and more to the point, Pentax photographic equipment. If this has led to blandness in your mind, perhaps you fail to understand that this is Pentax site. If you want excitement, there are plenty of other places to seek it from.

Last edited by Tom S.; 01-07-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Closed Thread