Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Epson R1800 feed problems

I have an Epson R1800 which has performed very well. However, I have recently encountered a problem feeding Red River Paper's double-sided 68lb matte paper. A feed is successful only rarely. The eccentric pick-up rollers don't seem able to grip the paper.

There is no problem with glossy or lustre paper, even RR's 78lb glossy. Since only this matte paper gives a problem I haven't cleaned things - yet.

Any ideas?

04-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #2

Hi,

The R1800 will indeed have trouble with double sided matte papers. This applies to light and heavy weight products. It's unfortunate, but is something inherent in the design of the feed mechanism.

If you have not cleaned the printer, go to http://www.redriverpaper.com/feed for help regarding that process.

You can feel free to email or call us if you need more help.

Drew Hendrix
Red River Paper
04-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Drew -

Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try when I have a little time. Your paper is really fine and I'd hate to be unable to use the matte stock. Just wish I could dedicate a printer to BW only, since I've been unable to print BW on anybody's paper that would equal what I used to do in the "wet world" of Dektol and hypo. So it goes....
04-11-2008, 06:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm wondering if you can put a lightweight 'normal' sheet behind each double matte sheet, would that help?

I also use and appreciate Red River papers, though I've never used the double sided ones with my R1800.

04-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, Nesster. That's worth a try. So far I've tried feeding only one sheet in the tray, and a stack about as big as the guides will allow, with no real difference. Couldn't hurt to try.