Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

"Vertical forest" apartment in Milan

This is a cool idea... although I wonder how they will deal with growing roots as they expand and find their way into any cracks or corners...

Architizer - Green Architecture Takes Big Leap With Milan's "Vertical Forest"

01-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You can always seal the container where the tree is planted with material that roots won't break it.
Bigger concern is how you remove a dead tree and replace it with another one...
01-23-2014, 06:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sure looks better than the typical high rise. Hope they manage to overcome the roots problem.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg