Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #61

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
I guess the Avs will need to win 4 of the next 5 then.

Go Wings.

Tim
Hence, why I had Avs in 7. If they pull their heads out of you know where for the first period, they could really demoralize the Wings.

Also, was it just me or did the Joe sound amazingly quite in the second? What's up with that hockeytown fans?

I can't wait for the Stars game tonight. I'm flipping out!

04-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
how do you like your tamron 18-250? i'm thinking about getting that one or the sigma to replace the 2 kit lenses i have.
I think for the price it is a great lens, while out and about on Mexico recently during daylight hours it was the lens of choice. Little soft on the extreme ends, some vigenetting on the wide end, can be difficult to hand hold fully zoomed. Lots of comments and reviews here about this lens and the Pentax version. For me this one is a keeper.
04-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #63
Veteran Member

we also have that commercial here in the U.S. I'd say it happens alot more in hockey than in any other sport...the refs would probably even admit it.
04-26-2008, 03:23 PM   #64

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
we also have that commercial here in the U.S. I'd say it happens alot more in hockey than in any other sport...the refs would probably even admit it.
Commercial for what? refs admitting what? I think I missed something.

On the other hand, Stars won! Morrow really stepped up as the captain and Modano delivered as well. Definitely a much closer match than the Ducks were and the Stars didn't even appear to play their best. I'm hoping for more wins! And the return of Zubov would be nice as well.

04-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #65
Veteran Member

hockey refs

QuoteOriginally posted by em0314 Quote
Commercial for what? refs admitting what? I think I missed something.
The refs in hockey would probably admit that they make 'make-up calls' to even things up.
05-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
ok

Habs in 6 - they don't want game 7 again ....
Avs in 6 - Detroit is the better team - they just don't have the heart or drive from what I seen
Penquins in 6 - Crosby will not be denied this year ...
Sharks in 6 - they will be the Western Entry into the Stanley Cup Final

Take these pics and $100.00 to vegas and buy a nice dinner (cause wtf knows ??)
I am a gawd damn genius !! So next time someones wants my predicition I more than willing to give it and if you want to take it to Vegas just bet the opposite

I was right about the Habs not wanting a game 7 though .............
05-05-2008, 08:51 AM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I was right about the Habs not wanting a game 7 though .............
This is just too funny.

Tim

05-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #68

Original Poster
Welcome to the Conference Finals!

Holy crap, that was a hell of a Game 6 for the Stars. And how fitting of captain Morrow, who get screwed with a no-goal call in game 5, to put it away for the win...IN THE 4TH OT! And both goalies played probably the best games of their careers last night, neither of them deserved to lose it. Thank god, I didn't have any classes today and my final isn't until 7pm!

QuoteOriginally posted by em0314 Quote
Mine are:
Avs in 7.
Stars in 6. GO STARS!
Canadiens in 5.
Penguins in 6.
So, I'll eat my words about the Avs and Canadiens. Props to Flyers and Red Wings (I still hate them ) for showing up. I was close about the Penguins, only off by 1 game. None of that matters though, because I called the Stars victory in 6!!!

We're off the Western Conference Finals against Detroit (did i mention that I hate them)!

So, now it's time for predictions of who takes it to the Stanley Cup Finals! All 4 teams have played great hockey so this will be guaranteed to be a great round.

My picks:
Pens over Flyers in 6.
STARS over Detroit (HATE EM!) in 6...no 7...no 6. yea, 6. Let's keep this 6 game series victory thing going!

Let's hear ya'lls picks!
05-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #69
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IMO it will be the Pens in 5 over Philly. Frankly Montreal wasn't that great and even though Philly took them in 5 games, Montreal outshot them in each game. Montreal just had no defense or goaltending. The Pens are a better team.

Detroit will take the Stars in 4. This will be a short series I think. That is one powerhouse team that no one seems to have paid a lot of attention to.

Detroit takes the cup in 6 over the Pens.

So Pens in 5 over Philly
Detroit in 4 over the stars
Detroit takes the cup in 6 over the Pens.
05-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #70
Veteran Member

I see Pens-Flyers going no fewer than 6 games, and I do not think the Pens cruise

Flyers and Pens in the regular season, flyers took 5 of 8. Both teams were hardly ever at full strength, so its hard to get a feel for it.

They match up well. They hate each other. Its one of the stronger rivalries in hockey.

And, seeing as how Ovechkin and whats-his-name for the habs both got pretty well taken out of their series, I have no reason to fear Malkin or Crosby moreso than those previous foes.

Are the Pens good? Yes. But remember, mid-season before the Flyers came back to earth a bit, they were vying for the top spot in the East. ...Looks like they've also returned to form. You have 3 of the top scorers in the playoffs in Umberger, Prospal and Briere. Pretty sure they are providing more O than sid the kid..., and theres only one forward hotter than Umberger right now, and he's in Detroit

Another reason I think the flyers have a real chance? The pens tanked the last game of the season to ensure they would not play Philly in the first round. Tells me they don't like this matchup at all, probably hoped someone else would do their dirty work for them.

Flyers in 6.

Logic tells me to take the red wings...but the stars seem to have been discounted by everyone (media) in each round, and yet they are still kicking. I could see that series being over in 4, or going the full 7 games, and neither result would necessarily surprise me. Honestly think that for either team from the east to really have a good shot, they'd want to see the stars come out of the west.

Just my opinion.
05-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Yeah I believe that unfortunately The Stars will loose to The Red Wings whereas The Sharks have a history of spoiling Cup dreams for Detoit. It could have very easily been The Sharks playing for the West in the finals had it not been for Dallas.
The Red Wings are a very good team and will defeat anyone in the East. Dang it.
05-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #72
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

whow, man was I wrong. Detroit is very beatable and the series is back on track. Has Dallas figured something out? Turco played another great game. Hard to call this series now.
05-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Just read Timmonen may play for the Flyers tomorrow. Here's hoping they can prove me wrong yet again. I didn't expect them to beat Washington, so their playoff run is already a success as far as I'm concerned, but now I'm getting a little greedy. Well at least Terry Murray hasn't made any choking comments yet, lol.
05-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #74
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

So who's it gonna be against the Pens? Can Detroit finish off the stars or has Dallas found a way. The Pens dominated the Flyers today. That was a great save by Fluery with 6 minutes left in the 3rd.
05-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I what the REDWINGS!!!!!!! Please