Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ClinchShots Quote
The last bronco with a good run was driven by OJ in 94
Actually, O.J. was a Buffalo Bill. He finished out with the 49ers.

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It was a meme on Facebook, white Bronco and all...
That was a weak attempt by someone given that Elway lead the Broncos to back to back Super Bowl wins in 98 & 99. Ironically, Elway's Broncos got blown out worse than Manning's bunch in the 1989 Super Bowl by the 49ers 55 -10.

Last edited by Blue; 02-03-2014 at 09:39 PM.
02-04-2014, 03:35 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Q: How many Broncos does it take to change a flat tire?

A: Just one. But they all show up for a blow out.
02-04-2014, 03:44 AM   #18
NKK
Inactive Account

Great that Seahawks won, but I was very very disappointed with Super bowl this year, should have been a much better game.
Seahawks showed up 110% prepared and ready, Denver looked like headless chickens after that first safety
02-04-2014, 03:45 AM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Actually, O.J. was a Buffalo Bill. He finished out with the 49ers.

That was a weak attempt by someone given that Elway lead the Broncos to back to back Super Bowl wins in 98 & 99. Ironically, Elway's Broncos got blown out worse than Manning's bunch in the 1989 Super Bowl by the 49ers 55 -10.
The joke is based on the fact that OJ drove a white Ford Bronco in his "high speed" getaway run after the murders...

02-04-2014, 05:01 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
The joke is based on the fact that OJ drove a white Ford Bronco in his "high speed" getaway run after the murders...
Al Cowling did the driving. OJ was all hunkered down. It was the most intensest.
02-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
It wasn't much of a joke. I know what a Ford Bronco is. Go back and re-read my post and you will see why the Joke was epic fail.
02-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NKK Quote
Great that Seahawks won, but I was very very disappointed with Super bowl this year, should have been a much better game.
Seahawks showed up 110% prepared and ready, Denver looked like headless chickens after that first safety
Hysterical

They probably got prepared by watching Elway's 1989 Super Bowl Game film.

02-04-2014, 07:18 AM   #23
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

How bad was it? Even Tony Romeo could have done better. Heck, give the ball to Jerry Jones.....he might have done better too? Either way, Romeo or Jones would not be embarrassed...they never are.

Regards!
02-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #24
Pentaxian

The Bronco's played bad, but they also couldn't catch a break. They actually seem to be the type of team that would always have trouble with a a defense like Seattle's. Built on sort routes and short passes, lot's of completions with yards after the catch, Seattle's combination of big fast linebackers and safeties mean their only hope was speed outside and intermediate and long routes, and Denver just doesn't have the guys to beat anybody on long balls. The Denver D used to winning 48-43, played it's usual game. I mean, they only gave up 43, that seems to be what they're built for.

Peyton manning however, Super bowl record in completions, Darius Thomas 13 receptions? They just didn't take care of the ball. Peyton did what Peyton does... he needed a little help. You don't beat Seattle unless you have guys who can force the Safeties to hep in pass coverage. Denver just didn't have those guys, and the Seattle safeties caused mayhem.
02-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #25
Veteran Member

My general impression was that Seattle was much the faster team, in reaction time and in foot speed. In some previous super bowls the same thing - one team turns out to be much faster than the other, and so the slower team goes into constant reaction/catch up mode. If the slower team isn't overpowering on the lines, then there's just no hope.
02-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #26
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
My general impression was that Seattle was much the faster team, in reaction time and in foot speed. In some previous super bowls the same thing - one team turns out to be much faster than the other, and so the slower team goes into constant reaction/catch up mode. If the slower team isn't overpowering on the lines, then there's just no hope.
The best thing the OL was able to do was keeping Manning from getting pounded. Beadles had to trip a guy on a play to prevent Manning from taking a rib shot.
02-04-2014, 11:11 AM - 2 Likes   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
02-04-2014, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NKK Quote

02-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The unfortunate reality is that too many Super Bowls are blow outs but Denver has participated with more than their share of them
02-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #30
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I believe they now hold the record for the most Super Bowl losses, but Manning shouldn't be embarrassed. He should be furious, but not embarrassed. The coaches (particularly defensive coaches) and the owners should be embarrassed.