Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The video on which camera brand you should buy

Well I just knew this one had to be interesting so I watched it,
http://cdn3.libsyn.com/idlemindspodcast/wovenshadows9.mp4

Its a video giving advice on which camera brand you should buy.

Some interesting facts were revealed that I didnt know:
- Nikon should be applauded for backwards compatibility, you can use old lenses on your Nikon camera (yep go ahead and buy that d40 now and enjoy all those old lenses)
- Nikon is a relatively small camera manufacturer compared to others. (Eeeeeeeeerrrr...ok...)
- Their development is behind the curve
- The sensors in their SLRs are smaller than those of their competitorS (yes, plural), although they have more megapixels. (...lay off the crack please.....)

-Canon are on the forefront of new technology
-Canon is used by pros so you can rent lenses. (apparently lenses for Nikon are not available for rent)

but canon does have a disadvantage! of course, its: Their lens selection! (please, all that crack isnt doing your brain any good)

Other manufacturers:
-Sony has bougt the minolta capability. (watch out, Sony are minolta capable)

(You can read between the lines that this guy is an FF canon shooter that values FF so high as to dicount nikon for small sensors even though their aps-c sensors are larger than canons aps-c sensors and the kind of people watching that video will not be in the 1D market, maybe 5D by a far stretch.)
Still, you need to keep an eye on panasonic! (with their great sensors?) no, because of the leica lenses.

I was prepared to hear something funny about pentax but, well we got dismissed without a mention. oh well.

04-25-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
haha!

canon is so awesome with technologeee

thats why my friend had to buy the flash trigger accessory!
what, no on board wireless flash triggering?? oopsie forefront of new technolomagy

F*** you mr boring voice guy
05-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

haha, i clicked on the link before reading the rest of the post and im watching this think like wtf....i'm in an alien land...

dangit the kids woke up.

see ya