Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Missing Plane

My thoughts have been with the people on the 370 plane gone missing. I will not share my thoughts and impressions on this because of those on this site whom may have a family member on board. I will continue to hope for the best and a safe return for all. What a world we have created.

03-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It seems there was foul play involved. Lets hope it did land somewhere and that the people on board are alive.
03-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

It is amazing to me that your computer, even if it is not online, can be hacked from miles away, but a huge plane can vanish into the night and no one has a real clue? I hope for a good outcome, though that seems unlikely?

I'm not going any further, edging into P&R....or heck, some will be looking for a missing Rupert!

Regards!
03-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Indeed it is a very sad event. I happened to study the AF447 crash few years ago and also the Boeing and Airbus cockpits. Both the Boeing and Airbus jets were designed in the 1990s and their UI/Controls didnt seem intuitive. At least the ones I saw on the Airbus didnt seem very helpful.
Maybe jet manufacturers should collaborate with Apple UI designers to develop understandable UI/Controls that can precisely tell the pilots what is going on with their jet. The Air France 447 flight pilots had only 5 mins to react before all onboard were dead! At over 30K feet in the middle of the night, that is very hard to do, especially if the messages on the dash are confusing and too many.
Anyway I hope the MH370 didnt suffer the fate of AF 447 and everyone onboard is safe.

03-17-2014, 05:18 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I think the disappearance was intentional...the plane and passengers are intact...and I worry to what purposes this plane may be put in the future.
03-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
I think the disappearance was intentional...the plane and passengers are intact...and I worry to what purposes this plane may be put in the future.
Possible. Your guess is as good as any. It is highly unlikely, given the circumstances, that we won't be finding the truth at some point. It's hard to believe that a "plot" of this magnitude would be withheld from the public by its perpetrators? No one makes a hole in one and keeps it all to themselves.

Regards!
03-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Possible. Your guess is as good as any. It is highly unlikely, given the circumstances, that we won't be finding the truth at some point. It's hard to believe that a "plot" of this magnitude would be withheld from the public by its perpetrators? No one makes a hole in one and keeps it all to themselves.

Regards!

Well, that depends: There are a few other possibilities: a) Someone wanted the plane itself, or something aboard it, ie, air piracy for one purpose or another b) It was an elaborate assassination plot (Fairly unlikely) c) it was a test run for something else.

I'm tending to go with a) whether or not they succeeded or crashed before they got where they were going. It seems the older pilot had the skills and knowledge to do these things, but the same reports said he's supposed to be a really good guy. (Which doesn't rule out duress.)

There isn't really enough information to go on released yet to narrow things down. It's possible there was some major electronics failure of some kind, but I don't know enough about the aircraft.

03-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
There isn't really enough information to go on released yet to narrow things down.
Yes, it could be any of those things you mentioned Ratlady, and more. You can bet there is much more information that we haven't received yet...and may never?

Regards!
03-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I'll add another possibility for the disappearance: investment fraud. Invest in a manner that profits if Boeing and Malaysia Airlines get bad publicity then bribe the flight crew. I don't think that's a likely scenario but whatever happened is in the realm of the unlikely.
03-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
I'll add another possibility for the disappearance: investment fraud. Invest in a manner that profits if Boeing and Malaysia Airlines get bad publicity then bribe the flight crew. I don't think that's a likely scenario but whatever happened is in the realm of the unlikely.
Unlikely as in kidapped by UFO's?
There's a "Bermuda Triangle" in the ocean in SE Asia?

These great stories and more are starting to show up. I hope they find this plane soon.
03-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
Both the Boeing and Airbus jets were designed in the 1990s and their UI/Controls didnt seem intuitive.
I taught both Boeing and Airbus glass cockpits for 18 years. While both makes have characteristics that may seem "unintuitive" or inefficient to the untrained observer there are good reasons for their design as presently certified and used. Neither present a problem for properly trained, professional aircrews - human factors improvements notwithstanding. There's often a compromise between convenience and reliability. I definitely don't want the latest whiz-bang Apple/Android/Windows UI in my cockpit. Proven continuity in operation and training are also constraints. (There was good reason for the continued use of decades old software in the Space Shuttle.)

There is much information that isn't available to the public about the equipment installed in, and the procedural operation of, such aircraft and of the civil and military airspace surveillance systems - and for good reason.

Anyone that believes what they see/read in the media about aviation mishaps (and Spec Ops adventures) is sure to be misinformed.

Last edited by pacerr; 03-17-2014 at 05:35 PM.
03-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Watching CNN last night, there must now be hundreds of speculative theories out there. Some are bizarre, some more realistic, but none of them answer all the questions in relationship to the facts we have......and I assume the facts we have are nowhere near what facts are being withheld.
Like all big stories, it has now become more of a media circus than a search and rescue. I watched for over an hour, and don't think I learned anything new at all. Amazing how you can say the same things over and over in a thousand different ways!

My guess....(why not?) It's on the ground somewhere in SE Asia and is only the first part of some larger plot to come. The passengers? Let's hope they are not considered expendable parts of the plot.

Regards!
03-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Yeah, I've heard there was a score of Chinese computer techs aboard, (Who might be just the types to know abotu that plane's systems, ) that may alter the landscape, like if they felt the need for a dramatic defection somewhere, corporate espionage, something like that.
03-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
........ like if they felt the need for a dramatic defection somewhere, corporate espionage, something like that.
Has anyone checked Disneyland? It's a long shot, but so is everything else.

Regards!
03-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Has anyone checked Disneyland? It's a long shot, but so is everything else.

Regards!
Maybe not as crazy as it sounds. Suppose this is a group of people who plotted to go off the grid, crew and passengers who paid a good sum of cash for the adventure? In this digital world where everybody is watched and tracked, something like this is considered impossible. Perhaps this is an elaborate game being played out. With a large group of computer geeks involved, this isn't outside the realm of possibility.