Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #46

QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
I have bought and sold here at PF a few times, always a a good experience. But it seems here lately members are trying to turn it into an auction style with PM's haggling or lowball offers. Now I understand it's the sellers prerogative to accept or decline these offers. But my issue are the ones that claim a sob story of financial issues or even one who apparently did purchase one at a low price and put it up for sale at a profit the next day. I mean honestly if you are in a financial bind maybe you don't need to be buying a camera in the first place? Or is 20 or 30 dollar difference that important that you can't just pay the asking price? Especially if it's reasonable,I mean come on, people pay hard earned money for their stuff new why expect them to give it away because you wanna pay 200 for a 600 dollar item. I would say 95% of the listings I see are fair prices. The other 5% probably started high to allow wiggle room or test the market . Rant complete now back to your regularly scheduled forum...

JJ
I think a lot of it has to do with the increasing exposure of the brand. I feel the increase in new owners has not always brought the same type of members to the forum as those who were here 4-5 years ago. Pentax owners 4-5 years ago were generally older, more knowledgeable of the brand and more experienced photographers whereas I feel that many of newer members/Pentax owners are younger and lacking those same attributes as well as manners that sometimes come with age.

Of course, this is just my opinion.....

03-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
$75 off is under 20%. It never hurts to ask. I'm not saying haggling is bad or shouldn't happen. Making an offer is legit. What I don't care for is the people who in their first contact with you ask "What's your bottom dollar or lowest price?"
Reply: What's your best offer? - the MOST you are willing to pay?
03-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #48
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
Since we are in rant mode, one of my biggest peeves is the endless bumping of sales threads. If you have to keep bumping, your prices are too high. DUH!

For example, the following thread had 23 bumps:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/36-sold-items/240053-sale-sold-pentax-da-...135-f-4-a.html
There is a limit to the frequency of bumps as well as the number of concurrent threads that can be bumped described in the rules. It is automated to some degree at this point.

QuoteQuote:
You may bump your Marketplace threads as needed by replying to them, but not more than once every 40 hours. Additionally, you may not bump more than 2 threads within any 24 hour period. These restrictions are enforced automatically, and if you have reached your bumping limit, subsequent bumps will simply be merged into previous posts.
Do not bump to indicate a completed sale: edit the original post only.
Do not bump to indicate another sale thread you may have posted elsewhere.