Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hey Tom, be very careful up there, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I have always had a fear of heights...and with good reason, I keep falling off of high places.

I once worked high construction in a nuclear plant, I was the only guy among thousands that wore two safety belts. I never had more than one unhooked at a time.

Regards!
Safety first. My "early retirement" was the result of a ceiling collapsing while I was above it. They put all my pieces back together with screws and hardware, but I will never play golf again.
03-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hey Tom, be very careful up there, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I have always had a fear of heights...and with good reason, I keep falling off of high places.

I once worked high construction in a nuclear plant, I was the only guy among thousands that wore two safety belts. I never had more than one unhooked at a time.

Regards!
I've never had a problem with falls, just ths sudden stop at the end.
03-30-2014, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

One of my other hobbies:

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
03-30-2014, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

And these:
Attached Images

03-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #21
Veteran Member

The engines are interesting. Never been that mechanical under myself. My main hobby is I play bass in a couple of bands. My main band is called Rattlemouth and we play world jazz. A lot of Ethiopian music and other tunes from all parts of the world. We play out pretty regularly.

My other band plays straight reggae, which as a bass player is a lot of fun for me. Currently on a short break at the moment.

I've been in all sorts of other bands, rock, bluegrass, blues, and more through the years.
03-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #22
Veteran Member

my other hobby is... browsing Pentax Forum.

I couldn't afford another hobby...

03-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #23
Pentaxian

I admire the old engines too. Some fine restorations, Skankin.
Stormtech. They use those same small diesels on transport refrigeration equipment which I have repaired for a living since 1977. Thermo King has used Yanmar for years and Carrier uses Kubota. For rebuilding, the Yanmars were easier but the Kubotas were more durable. The new 4 cyl.Yanmars, however, are throw aways. After doing it for so many years, the last thing I want to do is tear down engines, bikes, and cars in my spare time. I also have some arthritis issues too, but mostly, it's just burn out. I gave away a few old bikes last year. I had no desire to work on them any more. I just want to ride.
03-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #24
Veteran Member

@reeftool - I know what you mean! I've been on the operating end of all these machines for my whole career, so it was fun to tear into them. It really gave me a sense of becoming part of the machine when operating it knowing exactly what has happening with each control and why.

Same goes for me going places. Spent the last 9 years of my career driving a minimum of 400 miles a day. I don't regret even one mile of all that, but now all I want to do is stay home - which I do!
03-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #25
Veteran Member

My wife gets annoyed as I get interested in something, spend thousands, lose interest, move onto something else but never sell the old unused stuff.

My current spending is on photography but I'm rapidly losing interest after spending many, many thousands

I have dive gear, model car collection in boxes (some which have never been unpacked), radio control planes, boats, helicopters, and cars, model engines that have never been run, stereo systems, camping equipment (and the pretty much now unused Range Rover), a metal working lathe (for the steam engine I started 30 years ago). Don't ask about tools - I love tools and will buy them if I think I need them. I have far too many.
03-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #26

I've got a few hobbies other than photography myself. Photography is the one hobby I've been in for the longest. Then woodworking. One difference between me and Norm (besides me making a lot more firewood) is I had to pay for all of my routers. Tropical fish would be next and by year's end should have all 50 tanks up and running. 46 of the tanks are in their own fish house/hatchery. I was so into fishing that I couldn't find poles I liked so I taught myself to make my own. Add in the boat etc and it was expensive. Health is taking away diving but that was a fun and cheap hobby. (Snorkeling/spearfishing down to about 45' free diving) Then of course there's model railroading, Gardening is probably my cheapest hobby.
03-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Fishing has never held any interest to me. The last time I went fishing was probably in 1960.

But then, I'm not overly fond of seafood and definitely won't eat crab or lobster. The smell of seafood is revolting.

I never found diving to be cheap! The gear cost a fortune and so does hiring a boat to go out to reefs.
03-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #28
Veteran Member

i like playing guitar whenever i have the time
03-30-2014, 11:55 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Another guitar player here.

I started out with Metal/Rock... here a video of the band "Klynt" where I was founding member but left the formation after I was unable to walk for half a year (motorcylce accident..):

Then I moved more and more to acoustic stuff, blues:

Even recorded an album with my buddy:

But meanwhile I do whatever comes to mind, in homerecording, all instruments done by myself...

Instrumental:

Rock-Thingy:

Rock/Metal-Thingy:

... I normally put all songs to soundcloud for free download, so feel free if you are interested:
https://soundcloud.com/wullemaha

Oh, and I love motorcycles
03-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wullemaha Quote
Another guitar player here.

I started out with Metal/Rock... here a video of the band "Klynt" where I was founding member but left the formation after I was unable to walk for half a year (motorcylce accident..):
KLYNT - Hell is Home (video from local heroes 29.01.2012 @ PPC) - YouTube

Then I moved more and more to acoustic stuff, blues:
You Can't Lose What You Ain't Never Had - YouTube

Veselka / Müller Project - Fight The Force (05.02.2012 @ PPC "Local Heroes") - YouTube

Even recorded an album with my buddy:
Veselka/Müller Project - Sneak preview of Jörg recording the album... - YouTube

But meanwhile I do whatever comes to mind, in homerecording, all instruments done by myself...

Instrumental:
Wullemaha - Western Sludge - YouTube

Rock-Thingy:
Wullemaha - Bottom Of The Well - YouTube

Rock/Metal-Thingy:
Wullemaha - Impatience - YouTube

... I normally put all songs to soundcloud for free download, so feel free if you are interested:
https://soundcloud.com/wullemaha

Oh, and I love motorcycles
awesome, i really like songs #2 and #3, lovely melodies