Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
fastoys2nv the CROOK

he's ripped off me and at least 1 other member here. for some reason my last thread was pulled.. i just think people should know that this type of person exists here..

04-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I believe the mod should have some kind of sticky for a list of bad buyers / sellers. Feedback isn't really enough.
04-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
roy
Inactive Account

Original Poster
i agree.......
04-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #4

Roy, I think the thread got jacked because it's not really a transaction thread.
Though I agree with you on the importance of recognizing fradulent members, I also understand the admin's desicion to pull the thread.

04-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
Igilligan

My 2 cents

QuoteOriginally posted by TimB Quote
Roy, I think the thread got jacked because it's not really a transaction thread.
Though I agree with you on the importance of recognizing fradulent members, I also understand the admin's desicion to pull the thread.
Hey Roy and Tim
That could be it, it was in the for sale thread... or it could have been the veiled threats of physical violence if that was the one with the 'jokes' about it! Nowdays you cant be too careful...

It seems to me the nature of this marketplace is one of honesty and trust... So when we find someone dealing dishonestly we should do what you are doing and let people know in the forum threads.
But I am not sure the moderator would want to paste the names of people in a "This guys a crook" kind of thread. It would require some time and detective work on the part of the Moderator, and may open them up to slander charges.
Sometimes things do get lost in the mail... obviously not in this case as the pattern and evidence seems to be piling up! And it is so easy to change your virtual name when you are on a list that...

I love the Pentax Forums Marketplace and want to protect it too... I feel a lot safer here than I do on ebait. I just think it is up to us to inform each other when a transaction goes bad. Maybe if the first person who had a bad experience with fasttoys had posted about it in the thread where you bought your lens from, you would not have bought it.
04-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I've been in many computer forums where there was an active list of bad seeds. I think if you are to offer a free marketplace kind of environment, you should also do everything in your power to make sure its safe. No real names should be used but emails and forum handles should be more than acceptable.
04-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
roy
Inactive Account

Original Poster
i posted his actual name because it's a simple search to find it.. he's not only done it here but also on another forum.. i've got his phone number that i'd never post openly..
04-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

report him to the police, online deliquency has to be fought.
Give his name, phone number and any proof of transaction (emails...)
Good luck

04-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
Veteran Member

There should be a page which lists sellers/buyers with highest negative feedback. And if a buyer/seller reaches certain number of negative feedback, he/she should be suspended from advertising on the board.
04-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
fasttoys

I agree, there should be a thread to inform other members.
04-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
edl
Veteran Member

Interesting, username fastoys2nv on ebay is also no longer registered, last four transactions were all negative...
04-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #12
roy
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by edl Quote
Interesting, username fastoys2nv on ebay is also no longer registered, last four transactions were all negative...
hmmm,
that's interesting and proves the point.. i do know someone in toronto that's been to his house..

tim, you should leave neg FB for him..
04-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #13
roy
Inactive Account

Original Poster
looks like we should have checked Ebay FB before we bought from him.. those last 4 negs were from 2005.. so i guess he's just a criminal...
04-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
tim, you should leave neg FB for him..
I will. I gave him some time to respond before I do (although I really doubt it's gonna happen)

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
looks like we should have checked Ebay FB before we bought from him.. those last 4 negs were from 2005.. so i guess he's just a criminal...
That might make him a criminal, but, unfortunately, it also makes me a retard
I should have checked his feed back on ebay first.
04-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #15
roy
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TimB Quote
That might make him a criminal, but, unfortunately, it also makes me a retard
I should have checked his feed back on ebay first.
me too................