Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Flickr login problem ?

I'm unable to log in to my Flickr account using the Google login option. Pop-up just says an error occurred and try again (to no avail).

I am entering the correct email/password so that is not it. I have quite a large album collection and am worried all is lost on Flickr. I back-up all my pics on separate drives, but enjoy using Flickr to let friends view my images.

Anyone else out there having a similar problem today ? Any suggestions ? Flickr worked perfectly last night.

Thanks

04-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yahoo no longer allows login with Google. It was announced some time ago...

https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157641974750055/
04-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #3

It was announced but they haven't shut that down yet. That feature will still be available for a few weeks. Obvious WHY they are going to no longer allow it. Of all days, my customer finally created the Yahoo account for me to switch over to for them and now I can't get in either using the Google credentials.
04-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Final Update :

I still couldn't get into Flickr using my Google log-in after numerous tries over a few days. I established a Yahoo account and that allowed me into my Flickr page where I found all my albums safe and sound. I'm guessing the advertised changeover has begun.

04-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #5

Account

How did Yahoo/Flickr know to associate your new Yahoo account with your Flickr account? Currently, my profile is associated with my Google login. I wouldn't think creating a random Yahoo account would allow me to manage my Flickr account without some type of association. Since you couldn't get into Flickr using your Google credentials, how did you make that association?

---------- Post added 04-25-14 at 02:18 PM ----------

You can see you albums.....but can you add to or delete photos from them?
04-26-2014, 06:25 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I used the same email and password for the new Yahoo account that I used for the Google login. I am able to add & delete photos from Flickr just as I always have. How it managed to work, I have no clue. I admit to being "technology-challenged" , but that's all I did ?
09-01-2016, 12:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

i am unable to sing in due to change of the procedure and now all my albums are stuck in there. yahoo help page is absolute bullocks.
does anyone know a direct yahoo customer care email address to address this issue?
thanks.