Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Monitor Calibration

OK-we'll try this again.

Would someone with knowledge please point me to a resource on monitor calibration?

I just attached an external CRT to my laptop and my temperature setting choices are limited to 5900K and 9000K in the monitor setup.

The graphics card has more options, but I think I should just do it right rather than guess.

04-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I picked up a Pantone Huey Pro for a decent price off e-bay a couple weeks ago.

(I went with the pro model because I have a three monitor setup)

In about 20 min I had all my monitors calibrated and the unit is constantly scanning the room for the light in the room and adusting.

Works pretty good for my use.

D.
04-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You will need a calibrator for the job if you want to take out the guessing. Spyder2 and Eye-One Display 2 are the most popular. The preset colour temperature of the monitor doesn't mean much really in practice as most are way off anyway.