Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Eneloop Sale at the Source/Radioshack

Hey guys and gals!

Thanks to Jmeelo over at DPR, (not sure if he posts here under a different name) I was able to get 8 eneloops for $29.99 over at The Source!

Now I'm not sure if it's a web site error or not, but at the store they're priced at $44. I told the guy there that they're on web for $29.99, he checked and sold them to me for that price...whooohooo! Ever watch that IKEA commercial where the woman runs out of the store yelling "start the car! start the car!"? Well that's how I felt today.

They also have another sale for 4 eneloops for $29.99 and you get another 2 free.

Just a heads up for anyone in need of batteries

01-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Forum Member

Hmm, $30 for 8 = $3.75 per battery. I don't think this is a great sale.

RitzCamera sells a 4-pack eneloops for $12, and that is their regular price. If you are really looking to hoard them, then order 9x4-packs online to get free shipping and use Google Checkout to get $10. You end up paying $98 for 36 batteries - that works out to $2.72 per battery.

Just my 2¢

Cheers
Teja
01-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Teja Quote
Hmm, $30 for 8 = $3.75 per battery. I don't think this is a great sale.

RitzCamera sells a 4-pack eneloops for $12, and that is their regular price. If you are really looking to hoard them, then order 9x4-packs online to get free shipping and use Google Checkout to get $10. You end up paying $98 for 36 batteries - that works out to $2.72 per battery.

Just my 2¢

Cheers
Teja
I am talking Canadian dollars here. I checked Ritz and by the time you factor standard shipping in to the price it comes to a total of $31.86 for 4 eneloops as opposed to 8 for $29.99....so yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good sale
01-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I just ordered a pack of 8 AA Enerloops from Dell.ca (1 day special) for $19 + tax. Free shipping.
Only available in Canada, I believe.

01-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Got a link to that sale?
01-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #6
Veteran Member

NM, I found them.
01-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photochop Quote
I'm not sure if it's a web site error or not, but at the store they're priced at $44. I told the guy there that they're on web for $29.99, he checked and sold them to me for that price...whooohooo! Ever watch that IKEA commercial where the woman runs out of the store yelling "start the car! start the car!"? Well that's how I felt today.
Hah - same experience here. Guy in the store couldn't believe the sale price, then the boss came along and tossed in an extra two. The clerk pointed out that it was buy 4 get 2 free not buy 8 get 2 free, but the boss said give them to her anyway. The poor clerk was still shaking his head in wonder when I left. And yes, I felt like I should be running out to the getaway car!

Julie

01-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davek Quote
I just ordered a pack of 8 AA Enerloops from Dell.ca (1 day special) for $19 + tax. Free shipping.
Only available in Canada, I believe.
Sweet! I just checked their site and it's back up to $49, talk about being at the right place at the right time
01-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Hah - same experience here. Guy in the store couldn't believe the sale price, then the boss came along and tossed in an extra two. The clerk pointed out that it was buy 4 get 2 free not buy 8 get 2 free, but the boss said give them to her anyway. The poor clerk was still shaking his head in wonder when I left. And yes, I felt like I should be running out to the getaway car!

Julie
Wow, I wish I had a thought of that, perhaps I could have struck a deal with him Oh well, still a good price though. I wonder if the prices will drop even further now that the Rayovac Hybrids are out.
01-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
roy
Inactive Account

if you are in the states and have a fry's electronics store around they are 4 for either 12.95 or 14.95 regular price. i've been waiting for them to go on sell..
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Wow, I wish I had a thought of that, perhaps I could have struck a deal with him
I think I only got the deal because the boss recognized me as a regular. Sometimes it pays to shop locally!

Julie
01-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Just for laughs. Stopped at a RadioShack today.

Me: Hi. I am looking for Eneloops.

Sales Person (Kid with goatee and ear rings): What?

Me: Eneloops.

Kid: Huh?

Me: Eneloop Batteries.

Kid: Whazzad?

Me: Eneloop batteries - made by Sanyo.

Kid: What kind are they?

Me: Those are a new type of battery, that hold the charge better than the regular NimH ones.

Kid: Whada ya need em' for?

Me: Camera.

Kid: What camera?

Me: Doesn't matter. You can use em for anything. They are like regular AAs.

Kid (looking through display behind counter): Never heard of those, but here are NimHs.

Me: Thanks, already have those - I want Eneloops. The web site says you carry them.

Kid (to second person behind counter, ringing up a customer): Ever heard of Eneloops?

2nd guy: Huh?

Kid: That guy is looking for Eneloop Batteries.

2nd guy: What Batteries?

Me: Eneloop Batteries, those are a new type of battery, made by Sanyo.............................and so on.......

Fazit:

Although I am a very strong supporter of putting money into the local economy, I realize what a blessing online shopping really is (every day a little more).

01-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #13
Forum Member

Apologies, I just assumed USD. Yes, CAD does make it a sweet deal.

Cheers.

I am talking Canadian dollars here. I checked Ritz and by the time you factor standard shipping in to the price it comes to a total of $31.86 for 4 eneloops as opposed to 8 for $29.99....so yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good sale
01-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Redhawk, ROFLMAO! I've had that happen to me more times than I can count on 2 hands. I sometimes feel like I'm the dumb*ss who doesn't know what I'm talking about. Just recently I asked a salesman at a local camera shop whether they carried eneloops and his response was "what?, what kind of batteries are they?" I explained it to him and he then tried to convince me that no such batteries exist!

Teja, no need to apologize! I can assure you though, that the next time I'm in the U.S. I will pop into a store to pick up a pair of eneloops at that price...it's just the shipping that makes it not to be such a good deal *sigh*
01-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Redhawk, thanks for the laugh, unfortunately that keeps happening! At least the guys at my local Source knew what I was talking about. Not so lucky at Future Schock - I'm pretty sure I saw an ad for Maha battery chargers at FS. So I go into the nearest one, wait for ages while two sales guys ignored me (the second one having been paged by the first, but was waylaid before I got to him), then get much the same exchange as you did, substituting "Maha battery charger" for "Eneloop batteries" and "independent charging circuits" for "slow discharge rate". Retain all "Huh?" "Wha?" etc. He tried to sell me an Energizer charger complete with batteries, and seemed to be utterly baffled that anyone would buy just a charger. Wha?

Julie