Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2014, 06:13 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hockey anyone?

Pittsburg Penguins .... OUT !
Boston Bruins ... OUT!

Montréal Canadiens .... IN !!! against the NY Rangers in the Eastern Finals: that'll be a good series.

Who will make it to the Stanley Cup Finals ?

JP

05-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Les Habitants!

Phil.
05-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Les Habitants!

Phil.
Yep ... the Habs would be great to see in action against, let's say, Chicago ?

They have a fairly good chance against the Rangers of advancing to the finals -- of course, that is only speculation. The Rangers were on fire during the last series.
Chicago might have a chance to make it to the finals IF they can stop the big guys from the West.

Interesting playoffs this year.

JP
05-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #4

A lifelong Habs fan here. Really pleased with how they have done so far - almost like 'the little engine that could'. Being the age I am it is nice to see 3 original 6 teams still in the running and each with a good chance of winning the Stanley Cup.

Regards

05-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

If Ben Bishop had been healthy, I think this would be a very different discussion.

I picked the Ducks to win the West and the Bruins to win the East and The Cup.(and the Ducks just may falter completely as well) I would have preferred that the Flyers stick around to bounce the Penguins out but...

I live near Kansas City and the Sharks were once the NHL affiliate of the IHL team we had through the 1990's. It was exciting to see their series against the Kings and Ray Whitney making it to the playoffs with another team in the Stars.
05-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bluenose Quote
A lifelong Habs fan here. Really pleased with how they have done so far - almost like 'the little engine that could'. Being the age I am it is nice to see 3 original 6 teams still in the running and each with a good chance of winning the Stanley Cup.

Regards
Same here.
Old enough to remember the original 6 !! No kidding !

Then, we are going to hope for a Stanley Cup finals with the Habs vs the Hawks.

JP

---------- Post added 05-15-14 at 04:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
If Ben Bishop had been healthy, I think this would be a very different discussion.

I picked the Ducks to win the West and the Bruins to win the East and The Cup.(and the Ducks just may falter completely as well) I would have preferred that the Flyers stick around to bounce the Penguins out but...

I live near Kansas City and the Sharks were once the NHL affiliate of the IHL team we had through the 1990's. It was exciting to see their series against the Kings and Ray Whitney making it to the playoffs with another team in the Stars.
Bishop was injured, St-Louis was gone, Lecavalier was gone ... and the list goes on, unfortunately for them.

I originally picked the Kings vs. Boston (not that I like the Bruins though) ... that would have been the clash of the titans.

JP