Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2014, 03:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Heya, Did You All Miss Me?

I was off for quite a while due to family issues and feeling poorly myself. Sorry. I should have left a message on here but I just wasn't up to much and had a lot going on. Too much, shrug. I will try to pop in more over the Summer but things are still a little crazy and frankly I really feel like crap. I hate Summer and so far this year the heat is just making me too ill. :P

But I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!"

MK

05-27-2014, 03:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi. I hope you get to feeling better. There a a few I haven.t seen around lately. I sorta figure life happens . I maybe a bit scarce my self for a few weeks. My wife just headed to the hospital. Our daughter is giving birth to her 4th child today. Our 6th grand child . I have a feeling Grandpa is going to be a bit busy.
05-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
I have a feeling Grandpa is going to be a bit busy.
Congratulations on the new arrival. This particular Pop Pop (grandpa) is quite busy. I'm sitting beside my sleeping 13 month old grandaughter's crib as I type. I am her daycare provider 5 days a week. Best job I ever had.

MagKelly: Hope you get to feeling better.
05-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

My grandson is my little buddy when I get him afterwork sometimes he does not want to go home. What can I say I spoil the little guy plus he enjoys hiking with me.

05-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome back! I'd wondered why we hadn't had your valued posts for a while. Agreed about the heat! Here in the Atlanta area we have about 2 weeks of spring and of fall, the winter isn't cold enough to be interesting, and the summers..... OMG! On a chilly day one can put on another layer, but when it's 97 in the shade, no breeze, and high humidity, you can only peel off so many layers and not offend the neighbors!
05-29-2014, 02:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Welcome back! I'd wondered why we hadn't had your valued posts for a while. Agreed about the heat! Here in the Atlanta area we have about 2 weeks of spring and of fall, the winter isn't cold enough to be interesting, and the summers..... OMG! On a chilly day one can put on another layer, but when it's 97 in the shade, no breeze, and high humidity, you can only peel off so many layers and not offend the neighbors!
97 in the shade I don't actually worry much about offending the neighbors. I just put the AC on full blast, leave a robe by the door in case I absolutely have to answer it, put towels on all the chairs, close all the shades and walk around buck naked all day. No, I'm not kidding. When it's THAT hot wearing any clothes is just more than I can stand. There's just no point in wearing any clothes unless I have to stick my head outside my door. If it's that hot AC or not I'm in the shower six times a day running it as cold as I can get it just trying to keep my body temperature down.

When it gets 90 plus even with the two AC's and fans it can still get pretty warm in here for me. Anything much above 65 and I don't like it. My body has no thermostat, the autoimmune thing. I get heat stroke pretty easily. I don't have central air, only window boxes. They're good ones but window boxes can only cool things down so much down here when it gets really, really hot. After about 95 it gets uncomfortable unless I'm sitting there with my hair wet and all. I keep tons of blue ice blocks and iced wet t-shirts/sheets in the deep freezer to use.

I really DON'T like Summer. If it wasn't for having to be here to take care of my Dad I'd be living in Washington state someplace where it seldom goes above 65 in the Summer. I joke with him about moving so fast that it will leave streaks on the pavement when he goes. He laughs, but he knows I mean it too. He's glad I am here. He's really not doing to well these days health-wise and he needs the help but he knows the ONLY reason I set foot in this state again was because of him getting really old. I wish I could convince him to move, I really do, but he's a stubborn old geezer and he apparently loves to broil. When he's gone though? I'll be moving to much chillier climes than here. This place is my truly my idea of hell on Earth.

I often wonder just what people used to do sans AC here. I can't even imagine wearing long clothes, tons of petticoats and such and living here sans AC and yet somehow people did it...
05-29-2014, 07:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hey, Mags.

05-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Well Mag, to be honest, when I am not typing a long winded post of my own, I look for one from you or the Ratlady to fill in the time. I have noticed that there is more space here at PF lately, and if the three of us ever disappeared, there would be a lot of empty pages here at PF!

Best Regards!
05-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

There are many of us who used to post several times each day. For me, life got busy over the past couple of years. I never left but increasingly found I either had little to add to a conversation or was too tired to type out a message after getting home from work. But I kept lurking.
05-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well Mag, to be honest, when I am not typing a long winded post of my own, I look for one from you or the Ratlady to fill in the time. I have noticed that there is more space here at PF lately, and if the three of us ever disappeared, there would be a lot of empty pages here at PF!

Best Regards!

Heh. I've been and out of chatty moods lately, it seems, ... also it's the season I hope to get more done... With intermittent degrees of success, this time.
05-30-2014, 08:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Heh. I've been and out of chatty moods lately, it seems, ... also it's the season I hope to get more done... With intermittent degrees of success, this time.
Yeah, I hear you Ratlady, I've been a little moody lately...not sure just why. Weather has been strange and a little too humid...I don't do humid well, makes my old bones ache, and not just the broken ones.
Yep, I've got a long list of things to get done this summer....I've knocked out a couple but have a lot more to get done.

Ratlady, what about that car...are you ever going to get serious about a fix?

Regards!
05-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Damn interesting Ratlady.....I think I've been to places like that or similar.....anyhow, for sure I have known the crazy lady. I had a customer once, years ago, a Mrs Parker, very nice lady, but in her case the world was full of angels...that only she could see. She was constantly following me around as I worked and advising me not to sit here or there, not to make too much noise, and not to use any foul language, not even "dang it" because angels were watching my every move. I once told her I was afraid we dropped a water heater on one of her angels and it sent her into a panic of more proportion than I bargained for...never did that again!

Best Regards!

Get the damn car fixed! Find out what is wrong and let us know.....we might be able to help you get out of there before you are discovered as the witch they are searching for!
06-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One of the reasons I don't post so much lately is I can't freaking see half the time. I have to save using my eyes for work. I use the dry eye drops a ton now and even so some days my eyes are all grit. I'm getting very light sensitive too. I'm strictly inside now working till October most likely. It's just too darned bright for me outside. I hate going out when I have to. I'm wearing a pair of those super wrap around sunglasses over my normal ones and it still doesn't seem to help.
06-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Yeah, I know how it feels, Mags. Hard to take much delight in photo things when you can't see properly. People have worse eyesight difficulties than I, but things can still feel like I'm trying to play the piano wearing mittens.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Damn interesting Ratlady.....I think I've been to places like that or similar.....anyhow, for sure I have known the crazy lady. I had a customer once, years ago, a Mrs Parker, very nice lady, but in her case the world was full of angels...that only she could see. She was constantly following me around as I worked and advising me not to sit here or there, not to make too much noise, and not to use any foul language, not even "dang it" because angels were watching my every move. I once told her I was afraid we dropped a water heater on one of her angels and it sent her into a panic of more proportion than I bargained for...never did that again!

Best Regards!

Get the damn car fixed! Find out what is wrong and let us know.....we might be able to help you get out of there before you are discovered as the witch they are searching for!
I can't 'go get the car fixed.' I can barely go get groceries. If I can afford the parts and order them or some of them in the right combination at the right time if and when I can do that, I may be able to fix. Just hauling the car a mile to people who have deceived me before (More importantly, my sweetie, who they got to wite a check for my entire vehicle budget *while* they delayed me getting the inspection report I paid for before purchase. In the process of said inspection, they managed to wave a lot of crosses but fail to notice all the dambn *sidewall patches* they put in. This is what prevented me from having a 1200 vehicle wwith my skills and a 1300 dollar parts budget, instead of having a 1600 vehicle needing new tires and no parts. One outfit lied and that was literally half my share of what was left of our house downpayment after ten years odf something people round here don't happen to approve of. I don't know how to not say my situation is what it is without it being a banned topic, I geuss. I can't talk about why people qith gazillions of dollars have me in a basement in a place that they still just don't like me in. And no cash income, past spending 85 percent on rent and utility fees to live in a mildewey basement, dig?

And this is why I don't feel like I can talk about my life without trying to bite the whole South's heads off. No wonder they're all looking for someone to shoot or somethng. Which is usually me, actually, (That story I *just* kind of had to delete cause I'm just kind of getting too old to try and take care of people that are simultaneously try to save me, blesss me, 'dayum me to heyul,' expect me to talk them down from burnbing down their own place, never mind me, while of course praising guess-who and blaming everything bad in their life on.. guess who. Maybe that was just a throwback to my past of liking to think I'm more than just street people with a lease.. but I *am* street people with a lease. They keep trying to dump people who belong in institutions in my own neighborhood in this place. Which shouldn't have to be. )

Anyway, yes, I could use help. I need some a) D-76. I've literally been staring at a box of Diafine for years and just can't convince myself developer's in there. b) Also fuel pump parts for a 1994 Volvo wagon.Probably just a motor, strainging cloth, and maybe a main seal,. but I'm humiliated to admit I can't quite figure out to order things so I can afford them cause Amazom makes a lousy partts catalog, and by the time I can put one piece in an order it's gone away or changed betwen times I can be confident my account can cover them,. c) Anything that will help control moisture in this place cause after years I only fall further behind and get sicker

it's.. hard to say that, cause a few years ago I was kind of trying to hang onto some pride about being at least being able to hang onto a basement. And.. . I can't. I definitely do not have the physical reserve to go back to the streets, neve mind ones here. Not being tweny years older. Been here years, can't even afford a damn gasket. Nevermind developer. Crazy lady wanting to burn me to death without knowing it was like the 'at least someone's alive that I can do something about' part of this place. Gods.

Anyway. Sorry to drama about it, but I could actually use help. I've spent a couple few how-many- years trying to work it out and I can't do it.

So I said it.
06-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RML

I saved some money using an online dealer that specialized in used Mazda parts.
Perhaps there's one that specializes in Volvo?
How much will it cost to get yours back on the road?

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 06-13-2014 at 03:50 AM.