Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
Forum Member

The things that make you laugh

I have been on ebay a lot lately. Actually, up until recently, I never used it at all. But because now I need lenses and well, lenses cost money, I'm looking for ways to get my kit on cheaply. So there I subsist for the moment, in the cesspool that is evilBay.

I usually pass over these kind of ads, but today - out of curiosity - I thought I'd check one out to see what it had to say. And yes, I did laugh.

If you haven't seen these ads, I'll try and highlight some of the finer moments from the one that I saw with my interpretive copy. The original went something like this:

New Super Ultra Wide Angle Macro Fisheye Lens
For Pentax* SLR Digital Camera K10D K3 K50 K30 K20D X5 K500 K30 K01 K5 Kr Kx K7 MZ50 MZ60 P30............

*Reader's note: not limited to Pentax brand DSLR or SLR. Also suits Canon** Rebel EOS AOS xti t1i t2i t3 t3i 60D t4i t5i
**Reader's note: not limited to Canon, also suits Nikon***
***Reader's note: IF YOU HAVE DSLR YOU CAN BUY ------ NICE
(Check below to make sure this Lens is compatible with your Pentax Camera)
Brand New Sealed in Box 180° Degree 0.16x Ultra Fisheye Macro Wide Angle Lens -------- NICE!

Description:
Point being no.1 - Broadens your Field of View, and get more out of your pictures.

Point being no.2 - Capture more by broadening the angle of view and increasing the depth of field bringing extremely more area into focus.

Point being no.3 - Wide Angle Ultra Fisheye Lenses are used to massively increase the area covered by a normal lens like 18-55mm
because SOMETIMES 18mm ISN'T WIDE ENOUGH

What's wide enough?!10x18=180 Degree ULTRA Wide Angle Fish Eye ----- Nice

Excellent for group of people, Panoramas, City Views, Landscapes, Night Photography, Macro Photography, Watching TV, and more...

With this lens you will be able to fit more objects in view than with a normal lens.

With Normal Lens View

With Ultra Wide Angle Fisheye

LOOK! Images is totally sharp Corner to Corner!

LOOK! Images has no CA!

Optimized for MEGA Pixel Photography

Ultra Image Enhancement

Auto Focus / Infrared Compatible

Best Choice in Brand Name Lenses!

Retail Price: $300.00 $30.00!!!!

PENTAX*
*compatible

07-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is from Amazon. I have notified them - twice - that not only is the ship on the box the Enterprise, not Iowa, it does not have a dash, among other things.

http://www.amazon.com/Revell-RVLS7310-05809-Battleship-U-S-S/dp/B0006HJE4A/r...ds=u.s.s.+iowa

Last edited by SpecialK; 07-03-2014 at 05:11 PM.
07-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
his is from Amazon. I have notified them - twice - that not only is the ship on the box the Enterprise, not Iowa, it does not have a dash, among other things. http://www.amazon.com/Revell-RVLS731...ds=u.s.s.+iowa
That has to be the fastest aircraft carrier ever built