Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, This Ought To Keep The Little Hellion Busy!

and the girl just might enjoy it too!

Dad bought almost the entire Catit cat play activity set for Loki and Lily today for like $80. That's like 1/2 of what it's been running. I was like "Yay Baby! Bring it on! " When he showed me the catalog and offered. I've long wanted to get at least the 3 track sets for them but at $20-35 a pop they were a bit expensive. He got all 3 cat circuits plus the cat massage center, the cat bed, and the treat maze food bowl. Plus he got extra light up balls, more massage center chew refill things, and a big blue ball that dispenses cat treats when the cat plays.

He would have gotten them the fountain, the scratcher, and cat grass too but I told him not to because I don't think much of those from the videos I've seen. The fountain design is iffy, potentially very messy. I'm seeing lots of cats putting more water on the floor than inside them. My cats are total tap cats. We're basically trained to turn on the taps anytime they ask, plus they always have 2 dog bowls of water left out. The scratcher is nothing special compared to the one they've already got, and I don't ever do cat grass. Cat grass only leads to one thing, cat vomit in places I really don't want it in! :P The circuits though they are phenomenal. You can take them apart and combine them in tons of ways. Cats rarely get bored because it's so configurable.

Loki is going to go ape crazy when he sees these...

Amazon.com : Catit Design Senses Play Circuit, Original : Pet Mice And Animal Toys : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : Catit Design Senses Super Roller Circuit Toy for Cats : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : Catit Design Senses Speed Circuit : Pet Toys : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : Catit Design Senses Massage Center : Scratching Pads : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : Catit Design Senses Treat Maze : Pet Snack Treats : Pet Supplies

http://www.amazon.com/Catit-Design-Senses-Comfort-Elevated/dp/B00AAUG3D8/ref...it+comfort+bed

Amazon.com : Hagen Catit Treat Ball, Blue : Catnip Toys : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : Catit Design Senses Gum Stimulators - 3-Pack : Pet Toys : Pet Supplies

This same kit at Petsmart locally is like $175 plus taxes etc. Oh, and there was no shipping, taxes, unlike at Amazon. I'm showing the stuff on Amazon but that's not where he got it and the prices were a bit better in that catalog. He got it at Value Pet Supplies. They do have an online site too. I checked but we ordered it all via phone earlier.

Lucky little beasts! Dad is clearly intent upon spoiling them rotten, lol. Not that they don't already have more toys than I can keep count of, cough, laugh. But this is something special and I'm very pleased that they will finally have it. Loki needs far more play than Lily or I can give him, and Lily likes track toys usually so I can see her actually getting something out of this too. Apparently cats really love these sets. There are tons of videos on You Tube with cats of all kinds just having a ball with these sets, and it's not just all commercials from the company that makes it either. They're very popular.

I know there are tons of cat people on here and there are some major sales going on with this stuff finally so I thought I'd share. I'm sure there are a few other fabulous felines out there who might like to see this kit showing up on their doorstep too!

Roller Circuit

Speed Circuit

Original Circuit

Massage Center

Treat Maze

Product Video. (You can see the cat bed here, plus the rest, that he didn't buy.)

Pretty awesome huh? Like I said, SPOILED ROTTEN....

Last edited by magkelly; 08-01-2014 at 09:36 PM.
08-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We got our two cats a greyhound. They seem to have fun terrorising the poor timid dog, even though he's 10x bigger than the cars!
08-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Uh, that would work too, but less blood to clean up....
08-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Uh, that would work too, but less blood to clean up....
Very little blood. He seems to know when to pull his long nose out of the way!

08-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Loki has a new trick. Last night and again just now when he decided he wanted wet food he picked up a little can out of one of the cardboard crates on the shelf, dropped it on the floor, upended it, then rolled it over to me. With that smart little cat brain and those sneaky extra digits of his I would not be surprised if he manages to pop a can open by himself someday. FYI, he's already opened a foil topped cat food container with his claws. I saw him do it once. He just stuck his claws in the foil and ripped off the top. Pop top cans are obviously going to be harder but at this point I don't think I'd completely rule it out. I'm convinced this cat is a budding little kitty genius. My other cat is smart as a whip but she's never BROUGHT me her dinner, lol. Well, then again, she does bring me her favorite stick toy to play with when she wants me to play with her, so I guess that's not so very different from Loki and the kitty stew cans...
08-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Loki has a new trick. Last night and again just now when he decided he wanted wet food he picked up a little can out of one of the cardboard crates on the shelf, dropped it on the floor, upended it, then rolled it over to me. With that smart little cat brain and those sneaky extra digits of his I would not be surprised if he manages to pop a can open by himself someday. FYI, he's already opened a foil topped cat food container with his claws. I saw him do it once. He just stuck his claws in the foil and ripped off the top. Pop top cans are obviously going to be harder but at this point I don't think I'd completely rule it out. I'm convinced this cat is a budding little kitty genius. My other cat is smart as a whip but she's never BROUGHT me her dinner, lol. Well, then again, she does bring me her favorite stick toy to play with when she wants me to play with her, so I guess that's not so very different from Loki and the kitty stew cans...
That's pretty impressive. Our one cat does quite a good job of opening doors. (Not locked doors, of course)
08-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
After watching them play with it for a while, and yes, they are digging it, grin, I designed this version. I just submitted it to Hagen the people who make Catit. I'd love to see them make it. Cats like 3D play and this would give them a deluxe set to sell. My drawing is crude, but you get the idea. Proof positive I came up with the design, you saw it first, if I ever need to...

Last edited by magkelly; 05-20-2015 at 10:48 AM.