Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LBA auction regrets

It is said that we tend to regret the things we didn't do in life, more so than the things we actually did.

I'm sure we all have the experience of being second-highest bidder... usually I can deal with that: there was a reason I didn't want to pay more than I bid, and even if the item went for $1 more, it may have gone for $11 more if I'd bid $10 more...

But recently, I let something really good pass me by on goodwill. Two Tamron SP adaptalls: the 60-300 and the 90/2.5 macro. The lot went for something like $66, where I'd been greedy and bid $65. This does torment me a bit. It's not like I need ANOTHER 90/2.5, but I could have sold that one which would have financed the 60-300 and more. OK, so I don't REALLY need the 60-300 either but still... And now I'll never know (unless someone here was the winner!) if they indeed came with Pentax adaptalls or not...

What are your stories about the ones that got away, where you still feel a twinge of "I shoulda, I coulda"?

05-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Yep... just this week I missed out on a Wacom Intuos graphics tablet cause I wasn't sure if it came with a pen or not so I stopped bidding. Was prolly lucky but cause they buggered up our pays at work and the funds wouldn't have been in my account anyhoo.

But I sooooo wanted one
05-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Ah the joys of proxy bidding. It always looks like you just lost by a little even if the next highest bid was $100 more. I've stopped worrying about it and just bid what I consider a "bargain" I dont buy anything I "need" off ebay anyways.
05-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Just this week, I was looking for a fisheye lens when I saw a Peleng 8mm lens on eBay with a $195 B-I-N. I went to look at past auctions and saw that they generally sold in the $400 range. I thought about it for a bit and by the time I went to buy it, it was already sold....ACK! I ended up droppong $400 on a DA10-17 instead...

05-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm almost over that Tamron thing... the one that has remained with me for close to 2 years now: a mis-spelled Rolleicord Va - they spelled it Roll Icord or something - and mis-categorized (not even in camera/photo but in something like antiques) that went for $34. Damn. A wet dream if there ever was one.