Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Your trunk remains the safest place to store valuables in your car, so I guess your best protection is to make sure nobody sees you putting valuables in your trunk. Pat
Thanks Pat for the great explanation!!! This is awesome..

QuoteOriginally posted by Denis Quote
Labeled it "Manure Testing Kit" and added a few health warning labels on the side.
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
I guess one could get a Coleman cooler and label it with a Biohazard symbol and letter it "Coroners Office - Diseased organ samples" or something equally as nasty. Pat
That is a good idea.!!!! lol... You guys are too funny..

05-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Theft from auto trunks.

My son, who owns a Mercedes, has had Nikon outfits stolen from his trunk on two occasions.
He was told by the police that the more expensive the car the more prone it is to being broken into.

My Toyota Matrix has no trunk. I always have a bag with my K100D and three lenses with me at all times. That bag comes with me always, even if only to drop a letter in the mail box or pay for a tank of gas.

By the way, that bag sits in the passenger seat and is belted in before I am. If the camera is on the seat the strap is looped over the central arm rest. The passenger side window is always kept closed.

Better safe than cameraless.

The few seconds it takes to make your equipment secure and the slight inconvenience of taking it with you rather than give a gift to thieves is well worth the effort.
Filing reports with the police and insurance company is a hassle to be avoided at all costs and chances of recovery are almost nil.

Once broken into, twice shy.

Mickey

Last edited by mickeyobe; 05-10-2008 at 09:31 PM.
05-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When my wife and I visited my brother in Hawaii, he said that for best security, only put stuff in the car's trunk (especially rental cars) somewhere else than where you will leave it. Then the kicker: leave the windows down. Thieves will think that the car is empty and go to the next one. Worked for a week. Or the gods of "not my turn", whichever.
05-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What year is your Accord? I just took a bunch of old computers to the recycling center in my 2007 Accord V6 after reading this thread. Out of curiosity I pulled my keys out to open the trunk with the lock instead of the remote.

There's no lock - just the remote, the driver's seat lever, the internal seat fold-down lock and the pass-through lock.
I've got a 98...I guess I never paid too much attention to the 03+ Accord's trunks, looking for a keyhole...they should have one lol at least in my mind.

I like that they don't though, since they can't be punched out. But the remote had better work, all the time... unlike mine.