Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #16

I feel for you—been there, done that (rather, had that done to me). In the exact same way.
What's worse, I'm pretty sure they tracked me from the first shop and broke into my car to steal the external drive I had just bought, then saw a camera and thought oh hey let's take that one as well... so gone was my LX. I'm sure the mofos threw it out as soon as they figured it was some "old film junk". They even took an old Lunasix I had left in the car from a previous photo outing. Everything was under piles of clothes and stuff, so not really visible.

The feeling is really one of being violated. It's not like you served them up, they broke into a possession of yours and took things away. 5 years later, I'm still bitter if I think about it.

Unfortunately I never recorded the s/n of the LX, though I was able to get the one of the lens (A 50mm f1.4) from a picture I took of it. Neither item was ever recovered, though.

Good luck to you!

08-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry to hear this, but why would you leave it in the car at a public place? If I have my camera on me and happen to need to go into a store, the camera goes in with me.