Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2007, 05:44 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great!

7, 20, 22, and 25 - I'd love to hear how you arrange the lighting, if you used flash, etc.

01-30-2007, 05:45 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Most of the people I encounter are pricks of freak nature with multiple personality disorder...
Wow, roentarrre - tell us how you *really* feel!
01-30-2007, 05:45 AM   #18
wll
Veteran Member

Benjikan !

I just wrote a e-mail to Phil to try to get you back, You are the first Pro fashion photographer on those forums and you know your stuff.

I look forward to seeing more of your work and gaining the insights you provide.

William Leven
01-30-2007, 05:47 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
You know... I will try NOT to loose my temper here. Let may just say this. Mr.Askey, go to an Ad Agency and try GETTING A JOB with YOUR portfolio...Come and compete with me on my TURF and let the real world judge who merits the job...

Some people teach and some people do. I like to do both...

I AM Pissed............Whew........OK..........OK.........I feel better now.

Sorry for the diatribe!

Ben
Olaphoto.com : zoom sur Benjamin Kanarek
No problem. We all have to let it out once in awhile, otherwise you end up with stomach ulcers.

01-30-2007, 05:54 AM   #20

Hi Ben,

Good to see you here on this forum. Looking forward to some of you're great posts on how to's etc. Sorry to see you got banned on DPR. I only just found out, as I don't look there too often now. Maybe I'm old and stayed, but its not so much fun there anymore. At least no 'cannon-balls' will reach you here

Before I go and ask kind Mr Askey to re-enstate you, is that what you want? I you do, I'll happily grovel at his feet to get you back there.

Cheers
Mike
01-30-2007, 06:00 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I suspect that Benjamin's banishment from DPreview either had to do with his (reasonable) comments in the Pro and Canon forums ... or his posting of links to his portfolio containing partial nudity.

(Phil thinks nipples are bad for all the 12-year-olds who post on DPreview.)

In any case, Benjamin, I'm glad you take the time to post in the various forums on the web. Your work is spectacular and your insights are quite valid.
01-30-2007, 06:01 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear of your banning, Benjamin.

It is a real pity that the Canon fanboys cannot accept that Canon isn't everything and that there is another world of camera gear out there which is just as good and suits many people better.

You have contributed alot of valuable information and your sharpening procedure was a very good tip which I use it quite often now.

Let's hope it is a temporary ban as it would be good to have you back to help others.
01-30-2007, 06:20 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
From Which site

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Great!

7, 20, 22, and 25 - I'd love to hear how you arrange the lighting, if you used flash, etc.

From which site please...

Is it this one
http://anashcreation.com/thenashgallery/BenjaminKanarek

01-30-2007, 06:22 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nude Images

QuoteOriginally posted by JJJPhoto Quote
I suspect that Benjamin's banishment from DPreview either had to do with his (reasonable) comments in the Pro and Canon forums ... or his posting of links to his portfolio containing partial nudity.

(Phil thinks nipples are bad for all the 12-year-olds who post on DPreview.)

In any case, Benjamin, I'm glad you take the time to post in the various forums on the web. Your work is spectacular and your insights are quite valid.
I don't shoot nudes...Oh yeah the one with the see through blouse...OOOOOO so risque...

Last edited by benjikan; 01-30-2007 at 06:35 AM.
01-30-2007, 06:23 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Serial Complainer!

I have been banned from DP Reviews. I think there may have been some very powerful corporate forces at work here re: my switch from Canon to Pentax...
As my title suggests, I think you have come across totally childish in all of this, like a pathetic little cry baby.

So you got banned from an online forum, well BIG DEAL.

If this is all you have to whine about then I'd swap problems with you in a heartbeat.

You trolled the other forums, you broke the rules, you deserved your ban.

Get over yourself will you, you haven't solved third World hunger or invented cheap renuable energy, you're just a highly strung average photographer with an axe to grind.

GROW UP CRY BABY
01-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lance B Quote
It is a real pity that the Canon fanboys cannot accept that Canon isn't everything and that there is another world of camera gear out there which is just as good and suits many people better.
Frankly speaking, I can see serious "fanboy" behaviour in every DPR forum, regardless of brand!

The truth is fanboys and the site owner overthere always want the people who have different opinions and say "negative" things to be go away or got banned.

The behaviours are easily explainable (for the fanboys and the site owner respectively) but however actually the reaction of the fanboys are indeed not needed.

QuoteQuote:
Let's hope it is a temporary ban as it would be good to have you back to help others.
Why still ask for an unban? Why still hope to go back? My opinion is it's totally meaningless and a waste of time to "contribute" in commercial forums so as to help the site owner, who actually are running their own business to earn a living, to increase popularity and to help them to make their own money.

With our limited time, there are always many other good places to go, besides DPR (or other major commercial sites/forums).
01-30-2007, 06:30 AM   #27
Inactive Account

You know... I will try NOT to loose my temper here. Let may just say this. Mr.Askey, go to an Ad Agency and try GETTING A JOB with YOUR portfolio...Come and compete with me on my TURF and let the real world judge who merits the job...

Some people teach and some people do. I like to do both...

I AM Pissed............Whew........OK..........OK.........I feel better now.

Sorry for the diatribe!

Ben
Olaphoto.com : zoom sur Benjamin Kanarek
I don't know if losing your temper will work but it sure feels good sometimes.

Glad you have pointed out that Mr Askey is not a photographer (in the professional sense that is) - it appals me just how many people believe him to be an accomplished and acclaimed photographer with authority on all things photographic.

This is not the case he is a web site designer who runs a business testing photographic equipment based on technical aspects of which he alone decides the benchmarks and parameters.

It is unfortunate that the photographic community has given him such credibility.

I would be interested to know if your peers in the photography world put much store in Phil askeys reviews and comments.
01-30-2007, 06:38 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tyrant Quote
As my title suggests, I think you have come across totally childish in all of this, like a pathetic little cry baby.

So you got banned from an online forum, well BIG DEAL.

If this is all you have to whine about then I'd swap problems with you in a heartbeat.

You trolled the other forums, you broke the rules, you deserved your ban.

Get over yourself will you, you haven't solved third World hunger or invented cheap renuable energy, you're just a highly strung average photographer with an axe to grind.

GROW UP CRY BABY
You are probably right..However as the owner of my own group which I shall not mention, that helps photographers with their quiries etc, I have never banned a member for voicing their opinions even when really caustic.

I really don't have an axe to grind. I just think that the approach was rather severe given the circumstaances.

From your tone however, it seems that you do have an axe to grind. I understand your frustration, we have all been there.

Best Wishes
Ben
01-30-2007, 07:00 AM   #29

Welcome to the "Silence of the Any Brand But Canon Club!"

Yep:
Been there; done that! I got banned twice for daring to say Canon wasn't the penultimate camera and for saying I had my Olympus gear for sale if anyone was interested!
YOU, on the other hand, have always been gracious and giving with your expertise; a gift I appreciate as I struggle to bring my photography skills up to your awesome levels. Hmmm! Now if we can just get Godfrey, Lance B and John Bean over here, we'd have the nucleus of an unbeliveably gifted group of highly skilled photographers who have ALWAYS been willing to gift us all with their knowledge!
We'll call you The Gang of Photographic Four. 8o) Regardless, I look forward to your presence here, if no one else does.
Rob
01-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Wow, roentarrre - tell us how you *really* feel!
Yeah... he's obviously holding back.

roentarre: Let it out, it makes you feel better!