Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
"I am certainly not a plant"
trog
No. I think we are all aware of that. There are times where many of may think you may be a weed though.

Of course there are some of us who never seem to have anything of value to add to the topic + or - but still open our yaps with comments regardless.

I prefer it when those that can offer great value to a forum get booted from the 'other' and come here.

I've already tried the accentuation out with success, and set it up as a desat and colour action. If I like the results in general, I go back and re-do it step by step tweaking in the variables. The actions are set to the mid-range of variation suggested in the post awhile back.

01-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Banning Reason

QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
He lost in long ago for me, actually most people at my work some prosumer some DSLR users, none of which participate in the forums like us (though they read a bit here and there I guess), have still lost all confidence in Phil..

ANYWAY to the OP..

Welcome Benjikan, I'm sorry to say I have no idea what the baning at DPR was about I don't even bother reading there anymore (self imposed ban).. But this forum is plenty active of late, I'm sure you can settle in here...
I said I preferred strawberry ice-cream over chocolate...

Last edited by benjikan; 02-01-2007 at 04:33 PM.
01-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Only 7

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
You only have 7 lenses?

Rank amateur.
Well to be honest Yes..For the Pentax that is...That does not include the Canon or the Bronica and of course my great little snapshop camera...Dare I say it..I don't want to get thrown out..Oh well here goes..Fuji F30D....

I am damned...
01-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Just waite, LBA will hit you and you will start searching the depths of the internet and used camera stores for old K and screw mount glass to give new looks to your images. Pentax is a unique brand in that the compatiability history is so vast and so many lenses are to be had, each with their uniqueness that no 2 pentax shooters often have the same bag of lenses. (that is thoes who get past the 1-3lens stage) We use everything from genuine Pentax glass to little knitch market russian 1-offs and the comon 3rd party stuff. Though now with the re-influx to the K-mount brand the old lenses are becoming popular again and starting to get a little pricy and rair again.
Welsome to Pentax, and Its ok if you done always use a Pentax. We all have used some other brand of camera at one time or another, even if it was to take someone elses "torist" photo with their camera.
Good luck, and dont worry about some of the trolls here or at dpreview. everyone has an opinion and thats whats great, its when they start using it to stop others from voicing theirs that it becomes a problem. Just take everything w/ a grain of salt.

01-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Hi Ben,

I noticed some banding in the jpeg you posted above. Was that done with the K10D?

Or is it banned-ing... ?

Seriously, I'm glad that there is this forum to air your posts, opinions, and techniques.

I don't think the dpreview banning lasts forever, but you can simply sign up under a different name now that all the anouncing and explaining of the switch to Pentax is pretty much past.

Larry
01-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
Just waite, LBA will hit you and you will start searching the depths of the internet and used camera stores for old K and screw mount glass to give new looks to your images. Pentax is a unique brand in that the compatiability history is so vast and so many lenses are to be had, each with their uniqueness that no 2 pentax shooters often have the same bag of lenses. (that is thoes who get past the 1-3lens stage) We use everything from genuine Pentax glass to little knitch market russian 1-offs and the comon 3rd party stuff. Though now with the re-influx to the K-mount brand the old lenses are becoming popular again and starting to get a little pricy and rair again.
You know, Brendan, it is not missed that Benjamin is not the first Pentax pro here. Although it certainly sounds to me that you need to get yourself a contract, my friend!

--Sean
01-31-2007, 04:43 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Banding

QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
Hi Ben,

I noticed some banding in the jpeg you posted above. Was that done with the K10D?

Or is it banned-ing... ?

Seriously, I'm glad that there is this forum to air your posts, opinions, and techniques.

I don't think the dpreview banning lasts forever, but you can simply sign up under a different name now that all the anouncing and explaining of the switch to Pentax is pretty much past.

Larry
That isn't banding. That is a newly stuccoed wall and what you see is actually on the wall...Not to worry.
01-31-2007, 10:17 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
That isn't banding. That is a newly stuccoed wall and what you see is actually on the wall...Not to worry.

Actually that post was meant for the jpg you posted near the beginning of this thread showing where you signed in to dpreview, and the message on the screen.

Larry

02-01-2007, 03:46 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Unsharp Mask is Accentuation

QuoteOriginally posted by jnorth Quote
No. I think we are all aware of that. There are times where many of may think you may be a weed though.

Of course there are some of us who never seem to have anything of value to add to the topic + or - but still open our yaps with comments regardless.

I prefer it when those that can offer great value to a forum get booted from the 'other' and come here.

I've already tried the accentuation out with success, and set it up as a desat and colour action. If I like the results in general, I go back and re-do it step by step tweaking in the variables. The actions are set to the mid-range of variation suggested in the post awhile back.
I must appologize to many of you for using the term "Accentuation". I often work between an English and French version of PS. Accentuation is "UNSHARP MASK" in the French version.

Ben
02-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Originally Posted on Pentax World

I have been thinking...Nobody is perfect. There are elements of black and white in all of us and generally we are all shades of grey. I will say this. I was extremely enthusiastic when Pentax wanted to sponsor me and so were they. It is a synergetic relationship. I think it was indiscreet of me to post on the Canon DSLR forum. I honestly just wanted to share my feeling with the group that there is another very viable alternative and nothing is carved in stone. Look, I know that my decision to change brands has greater implications for me than you may realise. I have made a sort of commitment that implies much. The very nice people at Pentax actually said the following to me. "We have no problem if you also shoot Canon..." This was exactly what they said to me. When I say" they at Pentax" I mean the individual responsible for the pro relations division of Pentax. That in itself is very telling of their approach.

I know what I did when posting on DP reviews. I was to some extent tooting my horn...EGO is one of the biggest problems I and many of us have to deal with. Some of the criticism at DP reviews in regards to my behaviour is valid. Just another rung in the ladder of life...

Thanks
Ben
02-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Ben,
As I said in another post, to declare your interest is to act with integrity, and your transparent actions have spoken louder than words.

To acknowledge that you may have made a "post or two" in haste, borne of enthusiasm for your craft, is very refreshing indeed.

As you say....another rung in the ladder of life.

Have used your unmask tip by the way (once I translated it from Photshop to Paintshop) and it works well....very well. Thankyou.
Have a bit of work to do on layers though.

Cheers
Grant
02-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #72
Inactive Account

I'm not wanting to start anything here but I think you all should know what is going on over there. I know it will not be tolerated here.

Dpreview reply on Benjikan ban: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Deliberately spamming a thread to end it ranks: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

People who don't know and only guess at what happened and this is why I stay away from DPR.
dave Lewis in his second thread of the deliberately spamming thread names names and John B is the one it looks like that complained to Phil in both posts (nice person)

We don't need or want this here.

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 02-03-2007 at 08:12 PM.
10-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Why still ask for an unban? Why still hope to go back?
Because censorship isn't OK. Why allow PA to get through with what appears to be brand protection and customer manipulation without a stir? PA should have confidence enough in his reviews to let other opinions appear in his forum as well.

I cannot believe that DPreview actually performed censorship as they did. Well, if you have to censor than you usually have something to hide / don't want people to decide for themselves.

Unbelievable.

I appreciated DPreview's tests a lot but will now take them with a LARGE grain of salt.

Last edited by Class A; 10-09-2008 at 04:37 AM. Reason: typo